Windows 10: Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

Discus and support Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zaindin, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Zaindin Win User

Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

Hi,

Any win 10 machine at the office has their keyboard layout defaulted to US. I know how to change the Default to Uk layout, however it only makes those changes for the user logged in at that moment, if another person logs into the same computer, it is Defaulted back to US.

How do you change it so it never is Us and always UK no matter who logs in

Thanks

Zain

:)

Zaindin, Apr 26, 2016

2. Need keep UK English as default language and have US key board layout . Via GPO

HI Support

please can any one help in setting

Need keep UK English as default language and have US key board layout . Via GPO

DC is windows 2012 r2

end user machines are win 7,8and 10

I have tried the below but didn't work

CLASS USER

CATEGORY “Keyboard Layout”

POLICY “Keyboard Layout”

KEYNAME “Keyboard Layout\preload”

PART “English (UK)” CHECKBOX

VALUENAME “1" ; This will become the default keyboard ;

VALUEON “00000809"

VALUEOFF “00000000"

ACTIONLISTON

KEYNAME “Keyboard Layout\Substitutes”

VALUENAME “2" ; Substitute US keyboard layout ;

VALUE “00000409" ; for US-International ;

END ACTIONLISTON

ACTIONLISTOFF

KEYNAME “Keyboard Layout\Substitutes”

VALUENAME “00000809"

VALUE “00000000"

END ACTIONLISTOFF

END PART

PART “English (US-International)” CHECKBOX

VALUENAME “3"

VALUEON “00000409"

VALUEOFF “00000000"

END PART

END POLICY

END CATEGORY

Please help

kamuthi raja, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Make standard keyboard layout as default in Windows 10.

Original title: How to make standard keyboard layout as default instead of handwriting panel for touch keyboard in windows 10?

How do I make the standard keyboard layout the default for the touch keyboard instead of the (now default) handwriting panel in windows 10? I use touchscreen and pen for my input.

Artistofdesign, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout

1. Win 10 Default Keyboard Layout - Similar Threads - Default Keyboard Layout

2. How to set the default keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  3. How to set the default keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set the default keyboard layout?: HiI'm facing this issue with Windows 11 only, because there is no priority option for the keyboard layout.I have installed 3 languages on my laptop, English, Arabic, and German, but I couldn't set the default keyboard layout. The keyboard language is changing automatically, I...
  4. Different language for Win and keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different language for Win and keyboard layout?: Hi all, I need to set my windows in english, and have my kwyboard in a different language. How can I do this? I don't see a separate setting for system and keyboard. Thanks....
  5. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  6. Custom keyboard layout, Win 11

Custom keyboard layout, Win 11: I absolutely need to use a costum keyboard layout for work, and now I see MSKLC won't even install supposedly because my .NET Framwork is too new. I do have my old .klc file, but it won't open. What do I do?...
  7. Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout: Hello, I have been reading the threads on how to remove the unwanted keyboard layout and followed the instructions. However, the unwanted Vietnamesekeyboard layout is still there and I don't know how I can remove it. Can anyone please assist? Thank you...
  8. Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout

Can't remove keyboard layout it's always defaulted back to this layout: Hello, I have been reading the threads on how to remove the unwanted keyboard layout and followed the instructions. However, the unwanted Vietnamesekeyboard layout is still there and I don't know how I can remove it. Can anyone please assist? Thank you...
  9. Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems setting default keyboard layout in Win 10, v 1803: English (Untied States) Settings Keyboards + Add a keyboard US QUERTY Hans QUERTY Remove button --------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am in the screen above (Region & Language, Options), in Windows 10,...
  10. Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Keyboard Layout in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 How to Set Default Keyboard Input Language in Windows 10 In Windows, you can configure your keyboard to use a different keyboard layout or input method to type in another language. The language of your...