Windows 10: Win 10 default program list

Discus and support Win 10 default program list in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JetGardner, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Win 10 default program list

I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to make MS Paint classic to the default programs but the internet is no help.I have tried dragging and dropping the exe file above into the Windows Apps folder above, it asks for permission, I give it, it then says I need more permission. As the owner, and administrator, I thought I had the ultimate say?????

:)

JetGardner, Oct 16, 2021

2. Changing Default program in Win 10 home

Hi Alan,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

• As you sure that this program is successfully installed on the PC?

If the default protocol that you wish to change is not available in the Settings app, you can use Control Panel to change the default programs in Windows 10.

Follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X to get the menu.
    • Click the ‘Control Panel’ and then click on ‘Default Programs’.
    • Click on the option saying ‘Set Your Default Programs’.
    Control Panel will find the installed apps and programs and display the list. You will see the list of installed program in the left pane and the right pane will contain a description of program, along with options that let you set the program as default
    for files/protocols it can handle

Select the program that you wish to set as default, and then click on ‘Set this Program as Default’. This will set the program as default for files and protocols it can handle.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 16, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Any way to add programs to default list?

Hi, good - an association is easier to deal with than a protocol, for which I see Thunderbird, Mail and Store listed. That implies Eudora needs to register its capability to be listed.

I noted this:
    Ajay and Jim, I stumbled onto the solution.

In desperation I figured that I'd install the simple mail program the MS provides and use it as a go-between, but didn't quite know how to find it in 8.1, so I searched with the term "mail." Up popped an offer to, among other things, change the default email program. OK, worth a try. Eudora was the suggestion that came up!!!!

Win 10 default program list [​IMG]

That suggests what you need to have in the registry. I found Mail\Hotmail curious (must be the Mail app).

I imagine you've searched around on this topic.
    I just found:
    Google Groups
    - which seems to suggest v7.1 works in win 10.

How to run Eudora v7 on Windows 10 | Ian Tresman
    - a couple of hints on compatibility and an option (probably want to avoid the complexity of junctions etc)

dalchina, Oct 16, 2021
  4. NOPD Win User

Win 10 default program list

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

Thema:

Win 10 default program list

1. Win 10 default program list - Similar Threads - default program list

2. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  3. Win 10 default program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 default program list: I am 66 and set in my ways. I downloaded a copy of the antique version of MS Paint from the internet because it has features I'm used to. I got it to work in Win10, but the only way to ad a .jpg or .bmp file to it is to drag and drop it, then it works perfectly. I want to...
  4. List of Windows 10 default programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    List of Windows 10 default programs: Hello. I'm the owner of an Inspiron 15 Dell laptop running, up to this date, the latest version of windows 10. I recently did a sweep of all my systems and deleted some default programs to make room for some newer downloads. However upon closer inspection I found there was...
  5. Adding programs to the list of Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding programs to the list of Default Apps: I run Windows 10 Home, latest patches. It the settings where I set Default Apps, and I set for example Default Vide player , there appears just a short list of apps. Kodi does not appear on this list, even though it is installed. How do I add applications to this list? I...
  6. Programs (Applications) not in list to be chosen as "defaults"

Programs (Applications) not in list to be chosen as "defaults": I am trying to set Quicken as my default PFM application (so that it will automatically open QFX file types), but even though the program is loaded and working it is not presented in the list of "applications" to be selected and used as a "default" application?? When I search...
  7. Installed program not on any of the default lists

Installed program not on any of the default lists: I have installed an update to InDesign (CC 2017 from CC 2015) and the program works fine. However, I cannot open files by default with it. I tried all 7 options given in the Windows forum (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...a.html#option1) but CC 2017 didn’t show up on...
  8. Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists

Add a program to Default Programs or Protocol Handlers Lists: Hi guys, Does anyone have a Tutorial, link, or tested ideas on: 1. How to manually add a program to Default Programs List in Win 10, if it doesn't show up for a current user? I don't want to create a new user account for that even if its possible that way. 2. How to...
  9. Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Not Remembering Default Programs: I'm experiencing a problem with images attached to an email. Each time I click on an image to view it, I am presented with a menu asking me to select the default program. I check the 'default' box, I select Picasa photo viewer, and I see the photo. But, I have to do...
  10. Win 10: not all programs are alphabetically listed

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10: not all programs are alphabetically listed: My Windows 10 START button shows an alphabetical listing of programs on my PC, but some are missing - how come? Is there a way for Win 10 to display ALL of my executable files (including any that I've downloaded and installed) ? For example, my vlc.exe program (from...