Windows 10: Win 10 Defender definition updates.

Discus and support Win 10 Defender definition updates. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Win 10 has become unable to find any new Defender virus definitions since 11/10/2020. I tried to trigger the update but it says my Windows is up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by David49, Nov 21, 2020.

1. David49 Win User

Win 10 Defender definition updates.

My Win 10 has become unable to find any new Defender virus definitions since 11/10/2020. I tried to trigger the update but it says my Windows is up to date. I have gone to the latest update, downloaded it and ran the updates. I runs and when finished, I check, and the previous update is still listed. I have tried the fix using a command prompt, and run as administrator. No change. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this thing without having me jump through endless hoops? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Ver 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630)

:)

David49, Nov 21, 2020
  2. FredWall Win User

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 21, 2020
  4. cereberus Win User

defender definition updates fail

Something is not right here. I use Norton 360 on 3 pcs, and Defender is switched off, and I do not get any Defender updates.

cereberus, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 Defender definition updates. - Similar Threads - Defender definition updates

2. Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - UPDATE DEFINITIONS: For well over a year now, Defender has not auto-updated Definitions. I must manually select Update Definitions. Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you....
  3. Not Getting Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not Getting Defender Definition Updates: I have Task Scheduler set to check for Defender definition updates every 15 minutes, which it is doing without interruption. The virus definition update history lists the last 50 updates and I usually receive 8-12/day. However, when I look at the definition update history,...
  4. Windows Defender Definition Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Definition Updates: I have a Toshiba Satellite P875-S7200 & also a Dell Inspiron17 (series 5000). Both computers have Windows 10 64-bit. The Toshiba has version 1809 on it and the Dell has version 1803 on it. On both computers all updates seem to install without issue except the Windows...
  5. Windows Defender definition updates ...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender definition updates ...: Is there a problem with the Defender updates? As I keep running the update app and there have been no updates today (01/05/2019). The last update was yesterday (30/04/2019) it was - Definition 1.293.527.0...
  6. definition updates for defender

definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  7. definition updates for defender

in Windows 10 Support
    definition updates for defender: i have had 8 of these in one day was wondering if something is wrong 121010
  8. could not update defender definitions

could not update defender definitions: Error message 0x80004004 shown when trying to update windows defender definitions in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-update-defender-definitions/a94e2c99-c5fa-4dfa-aac3-8c40134ca5db"
  9. Updating Defender Definitions.

Updating Defender Definitions.: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/updating-defender-definitions/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  10. Windows Defender definition updates

Windows Defender definition updates: Has anyone else noticed that the size of the daily definition download has dramatically increased? Prior to FCU the average size for me was under 1mb, now it has balloned to just under 30mb. This is of course downloading via Windows Update.Is this some kind of unusual quirk...