Windows 10: WIn 10 Defender

Discus and support WIn 10 Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a computerthat was just returned from the shop (not this one) and in the process of installing a new power supply and removing the graphics... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pke225, Jun 23, 2019.

1. pke225 Win User

WIn 10 Defender

I have a computerthat was just returned from the shop (not this one) and in the process of installing a new power supply and removing

the graphics card. they neglected to reconnect drive D:\ which is behind a panel and is revealed when one removes the thumbscrews holding

that panel on. There is no way they could have not seen it as they were removing connections from it to install Power Supply. I knew the graphics

card was bad and had no problem there. Until I got and Installed a new graphics card - I was running the computer off the motherboad graphics

with a DP to HDMI cable. I relaized what they had done when I installed my new graphics card. What had been drive d:\ was not connected and the

only drive the computer knrwit had was the SSD where windows was installed.

I decided to install Windows on the d:\ drive and all went well as I have the original discs that came with that computer. I have Webroot insttalled

on the system as my malware protection. I also use NU16 as a utility. My big problem is now I can't get Windows DEF. to run - I can see the choices

and can select one - let's say the off line scan. It never does it - the reboot or the scan. WIN still exists on the old SSD (originally C:\)

I have 2 other computers that have all the same software and function just fine. SFC /scannow is 100 percent ok .MRT and SMERT are fine.

I would like to format the old c:\ drive and turn it into usable space. I'm wondering if this is connected to my WIn 10 Defender Probem and also

I have a constant message that Dynamic lock is off and that I need to turn on Blueetooth. I have done everything i know how to do.

Thsi morning I was on chat and then remote with Microsoft chat and she wanted to uninstall my Webroot and NU16 and did so. Also was pushing the virtues of Edge

Instard of my preferred browser. I became a little suspicious when she began to uninstalled all my security software as well as Firefox and unpluged

the computer . Any suggestions would be appreciated. P.s. I need to know how to format the old ssd and make it usable or re-install Windows to it

and then have to do that with d:\ now c:\. There is another step invovedbesides formattting - conditioning or something. I have installed alot of

stuff the way it is and don't really want to install wIN again unless it is absolutely necessary

Any Help Appreciated

Paul

:)

pke225, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows Defender not working after win 10 update

Hi,

Conflicts with the Windows Defender settings after the update is one of the possible reasons why it is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    Forum Article
    that was provided by PrashantKumar96 to resolve Windows Defender issues.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 23, 2019
  4. WIn 10 Defender

What the hell, windows defender?

Never had an issue with defender tagging mining programs, been mining for a few years and used probably 10-12 different programs, none of them have been tagged by defender on win 7 or 10.

therealmeep, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

WIn 10 Defender

1. WIn 10 Defender - Similar Threads - Defender

2. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...: Hello, I have Windows 10. I scanned and used multiple virus scanners such as Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, but they all say my pc is clean and no viruses.. Windows Defender is the only one that detects this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!mll.. I just did a full virus scan with Windows...
  3. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...: Hello, I have Windows 10. I scanned and used multiple virus scanners such as Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, but they all say my pc is clean and no viruses.. Windows Defender is the only one that detects this Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!mll.. I just did a full virus scan with Windows...
  4. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml keeps getting detected.. 1 per day. Once defender removes it, it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  6. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

Trying to login into Microsoft Defender: I recently uninstalled Avast and downloaded Microsoft Defender on the Microsoft Store. I click on it and try to log in and it sends me to sign up for Office 365. I am not interested in and proceed to go forward in the process of logging in. I clicked on my account detail...
  7. Trying to login into Microsoft Defender

8. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  9. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?

Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?: please i would like to know when is Microsoft Defender Application Guard going to be discontinued? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-application-guard-being/bea7b2a1-81ea-4ad3-ab38-862b332e2890
  10. Microsoft Defender Application Guard being discontinued?