Windows 10: Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software.

Discus and support Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there,I have the following problem.My wife was given a laptop from her work. They did ask her to use the personal Microsoft account to login. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeoKoro13, May 13, 2021.

1. GeoKoro13 Win User

Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software.

Hi there,I have the following problem.My wife was given a laptop from her work. They did ask her to use the personal Microsoft account to login. They also send her a licence key for the Office Home 2019 which is now registered under her personal hotmail account. After a while, I subscribed for the Office 365 Family on which I have added her on the subscription so now under her account she has two subscriptions for the Office suit.So, now my wife just leaving them and she has to send the laptop back. They asked her which doesn’t make sense to me to not reset to factory settings as they wa

:)

GeoKoro13, May 13, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 13, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 13, 2021
  4. Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software.

How do I delete registry files?

HKEY_Current user will only delete the keys within the current account ur using so if u have another account, the keys will remain on that one. To delete it from ur entire system local machine is what u use. Ur second question i can't answer. sry

spearman914, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software.

1. Win 10 - Delete Account and files but keep software. - Similar Threads - Delete Account files

2. Windows 10 keeps deleting system files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keeps deleting system files: This has happened about 8 times and all those times I had to factory reset my PC and it happens for no reason and no matter what I do something goes really wrong like the desktop being deleted, internet drivers being deleted and corrupted, settings menu being deleted, and...
  3. deleting my user account by selecting keep my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    deleting my user account by selecting keep my files: I have deleted my user account and selected the option, keep my files it said that a folder will be there and all my files will be there. when i made the new account no file was there. all my important pics and programs. all my university data has been wiped away but it is...
  4. Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files: Why does Windows 10 keep deleting files? What is the purpose of this process? I have now restored at least 5 times and it is all becoming very frustrating. Who do we advise at Microsoft to get them to stop. Every time that I shutdown my computer the issue begins again....
  5. windows 10 keeps deleting my files

windows 10 keeps deleting my files: Why win10 is deleting my files?, this problem is very annoyng, i had important design files, for many of my costumers, and it keeps deleting the files, the files are on different psihical hard disk on my pc, not even on different partition with the same disk with OS. ****...
  6. Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files

Windows 10 Keeps deleting my files: Why does Windows 10 keep deleting files? What is the purpose of this process? I have now restored at least 5 times and it is all becoming very frustrating. Who do we advise at Microsoft to get them to stop. Every time that I shutdown my computer the issue begins again....
  7. Software profiles in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Software profiles in Win 10?: Hi there, Does anyone know of a way of configuring Windows 10 with separate profiles, each able to load separate software installs? The reason I'm asking, having invested in some pretty expensive and professional-level audio recording gear, I've set up a Win10 installation...
  8. Backup Software - Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Software - Win 10: Hi, I have been using a Seagate Free Agent Desk external HD (1TB) for the purpose of backing up my computer especially files, photos, email etc. However Win 10 made the external HD non compatible and Seagate is not offering any new firmware to make is work. I lieu of...
  9. Logitech Software & Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech Software & Win 10: Whilst doing some work, my mouse suddenly 'failed', cursor frozen nothing in mouse. After plugging in another mouse, I checked device manager and found that Win 10 had installed it as an Hid complaint mouse. So I went to logitech, downloaded smart installer (win 10), it would...
  10. Printer Software & Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Software & Win 10: I spoke to Hewlett Packard UK this morning and asked them if my particular printer model would work under Win 10, and were they ready for the change. They asked my what OS I was using, so I said 8.1 home on my pc, and 8.1 pro on my laptop, all up to date. They replied...