Windows 10: Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

Discus and support Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Bug 10 is bug 10 Tell me why there are 3 icons on the left monitor? [IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by syk1, Oct 16, 2019.

1. syk1 Win User

Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

Bug 10 is bug 10

Tell me why there are 3 icons on the left monitor?

Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors [​IMG]

:)

2. Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid I already had the desktop set up with "Auto arrange icons" unchecked and "Align icons to grid" checked; I have had it set like that for months.

To expand on the issue, the desktop windows I leave open also rearrange themselves into an area that represents a smaller desktop than that which is configured. Again, this is possibly because when waking up, the smaller monitor 2 desktop seems to come
    alive first so all the windows appear there before being moved back when monitor 1 wakes up, at which point all windows (even the monitor 2 ones) are moved onto monitor 1. I've never worried too much about the windows because I have a third-party program
    that will move them all back, but not the icons, sadly.

Regards,

Jim.

Jim_FitzSimmons, Oct 16, 2019
  3. DaliusMA Win User
    Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

Thank you, Jonas, for your response, but your suggestions are not helpful that much:-(

1. Win-P - changes projection only (nothing to do with the allocation of icons), in this case. (have done this many times; if monitors are in either mode - single, or duplicate - icons appear correctly, but in the extended mode - on the wrong (2nd) monitor
    only)

2 Make this my main monitor: funny thing is that this check mark is "checked" and GREYED - i.e. no changes allowed:-(. Doesn't matter which monitor is selected - it is always "checked" and greyed out.

Any more sugestinos?

DaliusMA, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

I have two monitors on my Windows 10 PC - monitor 1 (on the right) is a 32" set to 1920x1080 resolution and a monitor 2 (on the left) is a 17" set to 1280x1024 resolution. I have extended the desktop over both monitors with the right-hand one (monitor 1)
    being the main monitor that has the desktop icons on it, stacked vertically along the left-hand edge of the desktop. This all works beautifully except that after waking my PC from sleep mode, my icons always move to part-way across monitor 2 (about 2 thirds
    from the left) and I have to move them back manually.

I've tried every sort of configuration I can think of to prevent this but nothing works. This aggravates me in the extreme as I always have windows open covering every inch of my extended desktop apart from the bit where the icons normally reside so I have
    to keep minimising things so I can move them back, otherwise I can't get to them in a hurry (if a customer calls with an emergency).

I'm thinking that maybe on waking, the PC sees monitor 2 before monitor 1 and gets confused as to which is the primary monitor but if that really were the case, I'd expect the icons to be positioned on the left of monitor 2, not just hanging around in the
    middle somewhere.

Has anybody else seen this and perhaps solved it?

Jim_FitzSimmons, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors

1. Win 10 desktop icons in 2 different monitors - Similar Threads - desktop icons different

2. I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?: Hi All,I just want to use my desktop 2 on my second monitor. Please check my screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-desktop-2-on-different-monitor-is-it/81e16822-7a03-4f06-a4de-e401104ed1e3
  3. I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want Desktop 2 on different monitor. Is it possible?: Hi All,I just want to use my desktop 2 on my second monitor. Please check my screenshot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-desktop-2-on-different-monitor-is-it/81e16822-7a03-4f06-a4de-e401104ed1e3
  4. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  5. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  6. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  7. Different icons on Different desktops

Different icons on Different desktops: Hi all, Just wondering as i just got a new laptop with Windows 11 if i can install different icon shortcuts in different desktops.It appears each new desktop clones the icons from the last.It would be good to switch to a different desktop and see different icons altogether...
  8. Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons stuck on monitor 2: I had a problem where the icons on my desktop were stuck on monitor 2 and eventually I worked out why and how to solve it. I have two monitors. one being my laptop screen and the other a larger separate screen, both running on different resolutions. I was playing around,...
  9. 2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?

in Windows 10 Support
    2 Different Desktops for 2 Different Displays? Virtual Desktops?: hopefully this is the right forum to ask advice regarding this question... scenario: display 1 - 1080p projector display 2 - 22" 1080p monitor pc - nuc outputs x 2 - hdmi and displayport i would like to set up a movie environment on 1 display (projector) and a music...
  10. Desktop icons moving to monitor 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons moving to monitor 2: Is there a known solution for this problem? (Icons moved to the 2nd display after some windows update nearly a year ago - still haven't seen any real fix:-(...)...