Windows 10: Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer

Discus and support Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title sums it up but here are the notes i already made and things i have tried so far: Freezing issue : I boot up ssd system drive with blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steveyg777, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer

The title sums it up but here are the notes i already made and things i have tried so far:

Freezing issue :

I boot up ssd system drive with blank cd in drive. Log in windows shows but the sound chime is repeating rapidly constantly and the system has frozen.

Tried the same in safe mode and it doesn't do this!

I boot into Windows and after 2-5 minutes i can guarantee it freezes up completely including the mouse and keyboard. There is no log left behind because the system locks up and doesn't allow any information to be saved!
    This also occurs in safe mode with networking enabled!
    This also occurs when i boot windows with diagnostic mode chosen via msconfig

If i boot into Windows and try to burn a disc the hard drive has a lot of activity and the burning never actually commences. After a few minutes of waiting around the system freezes up!
    In diagnostic mode chosen via msconfig, the burning app (basic windows "burn to disc" connect menu option) days checking disc when i insert black disc but then no hard drive activity occurs and nothing else happens in terms of the burning process actually taking place.

System mechanic told me the smbus driver needed updating. It seems i started getting the freezing issue after updating this driver but it may be coincidental and actually may be a Windows update that occurred at the same time (i think i recall things "getting configured" around the same time too).

When i look at the smbus driver (it is the amd smbus controller driver) it troopers that there isn't actually a driver installed at all!?

Any help would be really appreciated *Smile

:)

Steveyg777, Dec 26, 2015

2. My Samsung Blu Ray player not detected by Windows 10

I have a new ABS desktop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I installed a Blu Ray writer and I could not read or write either home made or commercial Blu Ray video discs.

I performed the registry operation suggested by auggy and it worked perfectly. My PC now reads and writes BDs.

JimmyBurdett, Dec 26, 2015
  3. LookSK Win User
    Samsung SE-506CB External Slim Blu-ray Re-Writer not working on surface 3

I bought a Samsung SE-506CB External Slim Blu-ray Re-Writer. when connect to my surface 3 window 10, it only can read dvd but when insert a blu ray BD-R or BD-RE disk, the blu ray drive icon disappear from my computer. I check the firmware for blu ray is
    latest version TS02.

I connect it to my old hp note book window 7, it is working fine. So is it surface 3 window 10 cannot support external blu ray drive?

LookSK, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer

Have you tried a restore point that will take you back to before any of the updates where done.
    If you have not then prehalps that will help you.

hTconeM9user, Dec 26, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer

1. Win 10 desktop pc freezes 2-5 mins in our when using blu ray writer - Similar Threads - desktop freezes mins

2. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  3. Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blu Ray player Does not play blu rays: Hi I am trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue. I have Pioneer BD-2212. It worked twice and now it the drive won't play blu rays or show anything in the drive. I can hear the drive working. Device manager lists that it is working properly. I have windows...
  4. Use a non-PC Blu-Ray drive on PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use a non-PC Blu-Ray drive on PC?: I own an old Samsung receiver with an integrated Blu-Ray/3D player. Is there any way to use it on a PC (I don't mean connect the receiver to my monitor)? Alternatively, I would also have a Playstation 3 with Blu-Ray player xD. Is it possible to access the data via the PC...
  5. How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Play Blu-ray on Windows 10 with U2USoft Blu-ray Player?: Microsoft just announced the newest version of Windows. It's called Windows 10. Yes, there's no Windows 9 — Microsoft has decided to skip a digit in search of the perfect name. More importantly, Windows 10 will be a single operating system that finally spans all of...
  6. Driver for a BLu Ray Writer Not Working, Despite reinstalling ATAPI dr

Driver for a BLu Ray Writer Not Working, Despite reinstalling ATAPI dr: I bought a LG blu ray disk USB player that stopped working a long while ago, (Model BP50NB40), that seemingly has stopped running since some windows 10 update. I had the device work a long time ago from the first time I installed it, but somehow it seemingly stopped some...
  7. External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10

External Blu-ray writer "Samsung SE-506CB" doesn't read Blu-rays with Windows 10: Hello community! I recently switched from windows 7 to windows 10 (1803) and my Blu-ray drive stopped reading Blu-rays. I've tried it with several other PCs/laptops, it was always the same, it worked with windows 7 but not with windows 10. CDs and DVDs work on both systems...
  8. Beware of some USB3 portable DVD writers / Blu Ray reader

Beware of some USB3 portable DVD writers / Blu Ray reader: Hi there. Be careful of buying some of the newer USB 3 DVD writers (with Blu Ray reader / writer). These come with a USB3 cable for attaching to USB3 as standard and have a second power slot where you attach this into a USB2 slot to get the 5V power. My Laptop that I...
  9. blu ray problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    blu ray problem: Every time the latest build is installed my blu-ray (films) player stops working, I get an on screen message in cyber link saying my Graphics card is incompatible. After restoring build 16199 all is o/k again. Tried latest Drivers from AMD.I have tried BD addvisor everything...
  10. Using Blank Blu Rays as storage.

Using Blank Blu Rays as storage.: Good morning everyone. This is probably a stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I have a lot of media on DVD-R and CD-R that I want to condense onto blank Blu Ray. I have two PC's both on Windows 10. One has a Blu Ray burner and the other does not. Here...