Windows 10: win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop

Discus and support win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The new Desktop has a different theme and only a few select random programs and shortcuts from the prior Desktop. How to get back to original DT?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arche2, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Arche2 Win User

win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop

The new Desktop has a different theme and only a few select random programs and shortcuts from the prior Desktop. How to get back to original DT?

:)

Arche2, Apr 8, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 8, 2021
  3. Move Win 10 to new desktop

Hi,

I am using a desktop with win 10.

I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10.

Now I want to upgrade my desktop & install new 9th gen processor , SSD & all.

How can I move the older license to new desktop?

MangaldeepBanerjee, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Sculpt ergonomic desktop - Replacement

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the version of Windows installed?

I suggest you to get in touch with the Microsoft Hardware
    Support
    to know about the replacement criteria. Meanwhile, you may also go through the
    Warranty Limit Manual given under Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. win 10 Desktop replaced by a new MS Desktop - Similar Threads - Desktop replaced Desktop

2. old desktop was replaced by new while on vacation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old desktop was replaced by new while on vacation: How do I get my old desktop back after screen changed on my PC while on vacation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-desktop-was-replaced-by-new-while-on-vacation/12aba942-db3d-4e6e-9da7-06ab1699bed3
  3. old desktop was replaced by new while on vacation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    old desktop was replaced by new while on vacation: How do I get my old desktop back after screen changed on my PC while on vacation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-desktop-was-replaced-by-new-while-on-vacation/12aba942-db3d-4e6e-9da7-06ab1699bed3
  4. old desktop was replaced by new while on vacation

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  6. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Existing Desktop Replaced with new one: after a reboot, my laptop opened to a Desktop missing all my normal Icons about a dozen and now only contains a Recycle Bin. I have looked in the Recycle to see if a Desktop had been put there - no luck.I have gone to File Expl and found the executables for a couple of the...
  7. Existing Desktop Replaced with new one

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Desktop Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Win 10: I long had a Desktop Folder shortcut on my Desktop as an icon. It was quite handy in providing a list-type grouping of the Desktop contents that eased any needed manipulation. However, I somehow lost it and can't reconstruct the procedure so I'm pleading for some help . I've...
  9. Move Win 10 to new desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Move Win 10 to new desktop: Hi, I am using a desktop with win 10. I had earlier brought win 8.1 & installed that on the desktop . Later on, the win 8.1 updated to win 10. Now I want to upgrade my desktop & install new 9th gen processor , SSD & all. How can I move the older license to new...
  10. Got new Win 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Got new Win 10 Desktop: Well it is new to me. I guess I will spend the next week or so just learning to get around on it. I know it has an SSD hard drive on which only Windows 10 is installed. It also has 1 TB hard drive that I want to partition into 3 drives That mean I will have to rename the DVD...