Windows 10: Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported

Discus and support Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a 21 inch monitor that worked fine with my Win 10 desktop. I recently purchased a 40 inch Sanyo LED monitor. It is 1080p. Windows suggests... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimjoe, May 6, 2019.

1. jimjoe Win User

Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported

I had a 21 inch monitor that worked fine with my Win 10 desktop. I recently purchased a 40 inch Sanyo LED monitor. It is 1080p.

Windows suggests running the resolution at 1920 x 1080. Icons are off the edge to the left and right. The Time and date on the task bar are off screen to the right.

I changed the resolution to 1680 x 1050 and moved the icons back onto the viewable part of the screen/desktop.

When I open any software window, most the move bar at the top is off the top of the screen. Same with folders most of the time. I can resize, but when I close that one, or open a new one, its off the top of the desktop.

Is there a setting I can change to fix this ? Or do I need to get a PCI Express version 2 video card to give me better choices for screen sizes ? Or is there some other method I am missing ?

Thanks.

:)

jimjoe, May 6, 2019

2. Sanyo TV as Monitor - Resolution options not High Enough (Windows 10)

When I upgraded my PC to Windows 10, the screen seemed to be zoomed in. I can no longer see my task bar or the borders of my screen. I tried to max out my resolution but it doesn't seem to go high enough. Is there a way to zoom out my main screen?
    I run a 32 inch Sanyo LCD TV (HD) as my monitor.

JamesVaughan_NS, May 6, 2019
  3. RWOne Win User
    Monitor is detected but display resolution is not correct

One of two possibilities:

1. Driver is still not correct, as you don't have the listed resolution to go to recommended for that monitor. If it is using a driver win 10 installed and not the manufacturer, then you need to try the manufacturer driver, list the display driver from device manager and we can go from there.

2. Card in PC (Is it a card, or integrated mainboard graphics?) doesn't support that resolution, hence driver not listing it, etc.

Other possibility - what does the system show for the monitor listed in device manager?

RWOne, May 6, 2019
  4. Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported

Monitor resolution

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with screen resolution. I will try to help you in fixing the issue.

To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following questions:

What exactly happens when you try to change the screen resolution? Do you get any error message?

The recommended resolution on windows 10 is 1920 x 1080. Change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and check.

The reason why your display was stretched sideways is because the resolution was in-corrected.

Here are the steps to change the screen resolution:

• Right Click the Desktop and select
      Screen Resolution.
    • Click the Make text and other items larger or smaller link.
    • In the Change only the text size section click the
      drop down menu
      to select the items you want to change.
    Hope the information was helpful

Nachappa C K, May 6, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported

1. Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported - Similar Threads - desktop Sanyo LED

2. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  3. Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor's native resolution is blurry . . 1080p monitor supports 3048x2160?: Hi all, I know this is a question for NVIDIA and/or Acer, but I wanted to get some feedback/ideas from here as well. I have an Acer monitor and an RTX 3060. Today, I installed the latest NVIDIA driver 528.02 and noticed a few things: alt-tabbing from one window to another...
  4. Fix Resolution not supported Monitor error on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Resolution not supported Monitor error on Windows PC: [IMG]You may get the Resolution not supported error message on your monitor screen when you boot up your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. This post is intended to help you. In this post, we provide the most suitable solutions you can try to resolve this issue. Mode Not...
  5. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  6. Monitor resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor resolutions: Hello! So I have two external monitors both with 2550x1440 resolution capabilities. When one monitor is connected using a display port cable it displays this resolutions automatically, but as soon as the second monitor is plugged in the resolution is automatically downgraded...
  7. Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win 10 desktop, Sanyo 40" LED monitor, resolution maybe not supported: I had a 21 inch monitor that worked fine with my Win 10 desktop. I recently purchased a 40 inch Sanyo LED monitor. It is 1080p. Windows suggests running the resolution at 1920 x 1080. Icons are off the edge to the left and right. The Time and date on the task bar are off...
  8. Monitor Supported Resolutions

Monitor Supported Resolutions: I am looking at getting a new external monitor (probably 2k) which I will use with several computers. One of these computers is an old Lenovo Thinkpad W510 which has a 1366x768 display using a NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M video card. Supposedly that card can support up to a 2k...
  9. Monitor resolution changed when loading Win 10

Monitor resolution changed when loading Win 10: Compaq Presario system with Acer G205HL monitor - loaded Win10 today (upgrade from Win 7) - all seems OK except monitor is not recognized by Win 10, so the default Generic Non-PNP monitor is all that is shown in Device manager. The Acer monitor is 1600x900, but the default...
  10. Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported"

Changed monitor resolution, now monitor says "input not supported": I installed Windows 10 and found some apps did not fit the monitor screen (too big). I went in and changed the monitor resolution to a larger size (windows recommended 1920 x 1080) but I tried something larger, and now the monitor has a black screen with a little box moving...