Windows 10: WIN 10 DESKTOP

Discus and support WIN 10 DESKTOP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; CANNOT REMOVE DROP SHADOWS FROM ICON LABELS ON DESKTOP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Terry D H Foster, Jan 17, 2020.

1. WIN 10 DESKTOP

CANNOT REMOVE DROP SHADOWS FROM ICON LABELS ON DESKTOP

:)

Terry D H Foster, Jan 17, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 17, 2020
  3. JohnFyffe Win User
    Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Your suggestion does not work. It did work on Windows 7.

JohnFyffe, Jan 17, 2020
  4. WIN 10 DESKTOP

Move Favorites icon to desktop win-10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How are you trying to add the favorites to desktop?
    I suggest you to try the below steps to save the favorites on desktop and check if it helps.

• Open the Internet Explorer and minimize the screen.
    • Then go to the favorites tab and then drag any favorites that you have saved to the desktop.
    • Once you get the favorites items \ folders then you can open the favorites and check if it is opening.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

WIN 10 DESKTOP

1. WIN 10 DESKTOP - Similar Threads - DESKTOP

2. Desktop icons and right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  3. How to keep Desktop Icons from moving when undocking – Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to keep Desktop Icons from moving when undocking – Windows 10: [ATTACH]The default mode of Desktop is to auto-arrange icons. If you move an icon or delete or add a new one, then it will rearrange […] This article How to keep Desktop Icons from moving when undocking – Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop/taskbar constantly refreshing: Just happened today when I opened my laptop. Essentially the desktop/taskbar is perpetually refreshing and I can't open the start menu. The cursor also has the loading symbol constantly. In safe mode the same thing happens, and it is still going on after resetting windows...
  5. Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest Windows 10 update negatively affected my BIOS on Lenovo desktop: Windows automatically installed updates yesterday on my Lenovo M93p desktop. After the forced restart, I no longer have access to my BIOS or my boot options menu. Windows does not recognize my Dell monitor and resolution is fixed at 640x480. I can't boot from my USB DVD...
  6. Desktop

Desktop: How can I get my desktop settings back to how they were 25th February https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop/3387e4e3-d691-4390-aa8d-4ccc4cfc8099
  7. Using GPU during Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using GPU during Remote Desktop: Hear me out. Is anyone here using remote desktop onto a pc with the ability to use the installed graphics card instead of the standard "Microsoft Remote Display Adapter"? Awhile ago, I was able to remote desktop into my PC and was able to use the installed graphics...
  8. Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 remote desktop authentication issues: I cannot connect to my Windows 10 PC system version 2004 19041.84 with another computer. I use Microsoft. Network access in Group Policy: Local account sharing and security model have been set to classic. The problem is that I use it correctly Username and password but I was...
  9. I'm working on one desktop, Windows 10 opens a file on another

I'm working on one desktop, Windows 10 opens a file on another: My first experiment with multiple desktops began well. I had a half dozen windows open on desktop 1 for one task, and simultaneously a half dozen windows on desktop 2 for another task. Then I tried to open a text file on desktop 1 when several were already open on desktop 2....
  10. Win 10 laptop cannot find Win 8.1 desktop on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 laptop cannot find Win 8.1 desktop on home network: Have tried to describe this in Win 8 forum as well because I don't know if it's a Win 8 or Win 10 matter. On 2/22 I did a reinstall of Win 8.1 on a HP 1504 desktop to allow install of NET 4.8. Previously that desktop, a Win 10 HP laptop & a Win 7 Toshiba laptop could all...