Windows 10: Win 10 Display of Icons on Files

Discus and support Win 10 Display of Icons on Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 doesn't show the file icon, only Irfanview logo or whatever packages I use for graphics in "Details" view. I have to use the icon view (EL, L,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Old_hand, May 4, 2019.

1. Old_hand Win User

Win 10 Display of Icons on Files

Win 10 doesn't show the file icon, only Irfanview logo or whatever packages I use for graphics in "Details" view. I have to use the icon view (EL, L, M, S) that puts the icons side by side [not as easy as a "Details" listing for me]. It's O.K. in Win 7 - and I checked the correct View boxes - always ... icons.

I've been all over Internet Help for this. Please can someone advise?

:)

Old_hand, May 4, 2019

2. Custom File Icons?

I've got a program that creates various file types; some of these are associated with the program and display its icon. Is it possible to keep the file association, but change the icons for some of the associated types so they stand out in a listing?

If so, then ideally I'd like to extract the icon from the exe, make three slightly different versions, and make these display (at all scales) for the three main file types. Any suggestions for tools to do this? I have Photoshop CS5.

nigelmercier, May 4, 2019
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, May 4, 2019
  4. XPEHOPE3 Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

I ran into the very same issue with the latest GPU-Z version at Win 10 x64 - I rename the desktop shortcut and after some time I see blank icon for it, and reinstall-rename solution also won't survive restart. The solution I came up with was to extract the icon from GPU-Z and use it instead. This is yet to disappear after multiple restarts.

XPEHOPE3, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 Display of Icons on Files - Similar Threads - Display Icons Files

2. List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    List of Win 10 system files that contain icons.: For example for changing the icons for folder shortcuts and the like. Perhaps some will find this useful. c:\windows\system32\imageres.dll c:\windows\system32\shell32.dll c:\windows\system32\pifmgr.dll c:\windows\explorer.exe c:\windows\system32\accessibilitycpl.dll...
  3. Adobe files display with Chrome icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe files display with Chrome icon: I've had to reinstall Windows 11 and for some reason my Adobe Acrobat files all now have the Chrome my chosen browswer icon, even though I don't think they're opening in Chrome. I've looked and looked and can't find a way to change the pdf icon on these files, either...
  4. Pic icons not display in win 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pic icons not display in win 10 explorer: Picture Icons will not display in win 10 explorer no matter what i do I have done everything I can find on the internet and still it won't do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pic-icons-not-display-in-win-10-explorer/9dc6c45b-2be1-47c3-8e49-7f3d1bfd8f6c
  5. Pic icons not display in win 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pic icons not display in win 10 explorer: Picture Icons will not display in win 10 explorer no matter what i do I have done everything I can find on the internet and still it won't do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pic-icons-not-display-in-win-10-explorer/9dc6c45b-2be1-47c3-8e49-7f3d1bfd8f6c
  6. Pic icons not display in win 10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Folder file icon display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder file icon display: In Windows 7 all my pdf and jpg folder icons used to show as a picture of the first page. Since moving to MS10 they don't, how to I change this please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-file-icon-display/50ae1ec9-d9d7-4289-b595-7529f0353766
  8. New file icon is not displayed

in Windows 10 Customization
    New file icon is not displayed: From a few weeks ago, the icon is not displayed on the desktop and explorer when creating, pasting, moving and duplicating file and folder. It appears in "Refresh", but since it is every time, is there any way to fix it fundamentally? Thank you....
  9. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Taskbar - multiple displays - why different icons: Hello, I am using Windows 10 with multiple displays. I have "Show taskbar on all displays" On and "Show taskbar buttons on All taskbars" and "Never combine buttons on all taskbars". For some reason, the buttons on the main display are small size (icons only) and the...