Windows 10: Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

Discus and support Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In order to add a child to Microsoft Familiy Safety, the 4th step is "Under Your family, select your child, then select Allow. Once they sign in, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Timurs Czou, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

In order to add a child to Microsoft Familiy Safety, the 4th step is "Under Your family, select your child, then select Allow. Once they sign in, this device will appear in their connected devices." It is not clear, what does it mean "once they sign in", as I tried a lot to sign in with the child's account, who is set as a user, but the desktop computer Win 10 does not appear in the list of available devices.

:)

Timurs Czou, Mar 18, 2023

2. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

In order to add a child to Microsoft Familiy Safety, the 4th step is "Under Your family, select your child, then select Allow. Once they sign in, this device will appear in their connected devices." It is not clear, what does it mean "once they sign in", as I tried a lot to sign in with the child's account, who is set as a user, but the desktop computer Win 10 does not appear in the list of available devices.

Timurs Czou, Mar 19, 2023
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

1. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device" - Similar Threads - does appear connected

2. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device": In order to add a child to Microsoft Familiy Safety, the 4th step is "Under Your family, select your child, then select Allow. Once they sign in, this device will appear in their connected devices." It is not clear, what does it mean "once they sign in", as I tried a lot to...
  3. Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 does not appear as a "connected device": In order to add a child to Microsoft Familiy Safety, the 4th step is "Under Your family, select your child, then select Allow. Once they sign in, this device will appear in their connected devices." It is not clear, what does it mean "once they sign in", as I tried a lot to...
  4. Camera app does not appear on device manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app does not appear on device manager.: I am trying to connect Microsoft LifeCam 3000 HD to YouCam App. I noticed that there is no camera app on the device manager. How do i resolve this problem?...
  5. iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone is no longer detected by Windows 10 and does not appear in device manager/devices: Windows 10 stopped recognizing my iPhone as a device. It no longer shows up in Explorer or Device Manager.I have the latest iOS installed on my phone and current on Windows updates though I didn't have this issue before the last MS update - could be coincidenceI tried...
  6. Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear

Cannot connect Bleutooth device - In Settings - Bluetooth - the on/off toggle does not appear: I am trying to connect a wonderboom2 bluetooth speaker but it is no detected although I have opened it for pairing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-bleutooth-device-in-settings/61496c41-06d9-4715-a94c-619d04237800
  7. Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.

Bluetooth is connected but not appear on playback device.: [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] I try all the options including delete drive updated to the newest one. but still connect figure out the way for the laptop to use through wireless speakers. I also try other computer and they are working. Please help. thanks you so much...
  8. win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager

win 10 bluetooth drivers missing. bluetooth does not appear in device manager: is there a KB or update that has bluetooth drivers for win 10 I can not discover bluetooth devices hp printer and nintendo wiimote...
  9. Win 10 Appearance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Appearance: Hello, Cannot resize text, cannot bring back color, how can I bring back the 3D view of opened windows, menus, buttons ? When I click on the most left (windows icon) in the task bar, I get allso some colored icons, what are they, how to hide them, how to restore them ? Pls...
  10. Win 10 "Empty Recycle Bin" does not appear to complete.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 "Empty Recycle Bin" does not appear to complete.: When emptying the recycle bin there are always about 10 - 15 items left showing in the folder. They are not actually still there because they usually disappear after I refresh the folder. With the recycle bin I could just assume they are gone and if necessary I will get rid...