Windows 10: Win 10 does not work after factory reset

Discus and support Win 10 does not work after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on my Lenovo Laptop. The first issue I had after it finished cleaning the drive was 'other user' login. I got around this and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FourPigeon54883, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Win 10 does not work after factory reset

I did a factory reset on my Lenovo Laptop.

The first issue I had after it finished cleaning the drive was 'other user' login. I got around this and managed to establish administrator login.

The next problem I have is he following error message:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted. - OK

When I click ok the recycle bin appears and the screen is black. I have seen the same problem in the community area but here is where my problem is different.

I can't do anything.

Nothing I click on works

I have tried ctrl alt delete it does not work

Any ideas. I don't have a windows 10 OS disk as the laptop did not come with one.

Thanks

:)

FourPigeon54883, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 does not work after factory reset

1. Win 10 does not work after factory reset - Similar Threads - does factory reset

2. Mouse stopped working after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stopped working after a factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer since it was getting really slow due to all the random stuff I had on it, it was going well until I got to the setup page that says 'Hi there' and asks about where you live, your time zone, etc. And the mouse just stoped working. (The...
  3. Factory reset does not remove updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Factory reset does not remove updates: I factory reset my Windows 10 system yesterday and it did not remove any of the updates besides the May cumulative update from this month. Is this intended? 133171
  4. Issues after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues after factory reset: Hello, So u did a factory reaet on my micrisfit surface 1796. After the reset I set up the computer and logged in. When logged in, I noticed that very few of the functions work. I cannot click the windows icon, i cannot open settings, and i cant even open microsoft edge...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work

Lenovo Ideapad 100S-11IBY Factory reset does not work: My son purchased this over a year ago and stopped using it 6 months ago. The Micorsoft update assistant is trying to load but there is not enough room so it cancels. I had to uninstall but the it keeps trying to install. I decided to set it back to factory default and...
  6. Start and cortana not working after factory resets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start and cortana not working after factory resets: I have a Smartab with Windows 10. At first I was having problems with the microphone and Cortana not being able to hear me. So I reset the entire thing. Now when I try to push on the start I just get the loading blue ring and nothing after that. When I try to type in cortana,...
  7. Win 10 factory reset failure

Win 10 factory reset failure: recently did a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop (Build Nov 2016, i7, 8Gb, AMD R7 m445 graphics) to try and repair some long standing bugs I had encountered during previous attempts at Win10 updates. Unfortunately after completing the reset, the laptop boots up,...
  8. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586
  9. Win 10 reset factory error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reset factory error: how to fix a reset factory error.. please need some advice...my laptop is restart always after the logo sign appear thnx for ur help..^_^ 75014
  10. Lenovo X1 Factory Reset - Win 10

Lenovo X1 Factory Reset - Win 10: Hi all, FInally, I got myself a new T series notebook. I'm looking to get rid of my X1 Carbon (Gen 2). A few months back, I did a factory reset from Windows 10 and it went smoothly, but when I attempted it a few days back, I kept getting the error "there was a problem...