Windows 10: Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive

Discus and support Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I really hope someone can help. This to me seems like it should be a simple issue, but no-one helped resolved it on sourceforge.net. My laptop has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Synonym, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Synonym Win User

Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive

Hi I really hope someone can help. This to me seems like it should be a simple issue, but no-one helped resolved it on sourceforge.net. My laptop has Win 10 Home and two internal SSD. One for system and one for personal documents (DWin 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive :). Created an ecrypted folder using Veracrypt on the D: to save personal documents to. This is mounted as E: Systems works fine. Until i try to open a Word (2002) document from the encrypted D:. It causes Win10 to bluescreen, with Code 50 and message PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I've spent a great deal of time on this and have learned the following. * Word will open a document from C: (so word is fine). * Excel will open fines on the E: fine. * Word will open a file frmo the E: (and Win 10 not crash) if I choose "open with" option from the right click menu. * Other files, e.g. pdf, jpg, etc on the E:. If i try to double click open i get the following message, "Windows cannot find 'E:\File name'. Make sure you've typed the name correctly then try again. " However, if i right click and choose "open with". The files all open perfectly well. A little extra info. I have also moved the downloads folder to the E:. If i download some new software, when i try to install form there it crashes, giving the same message as opening a word document does. Does anyone have any ideas on this please? Many thanks in advance Chris

:)

Synonym, Aug 13, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 13, 2021
  3. CD-ROM doesn`t work with win 10

After I installed Win 10 my CD ROM doesn`t work any longer. Does somebody have an solution?

geirrykhus, Aug 13, 2021
  4. Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 13, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive

1. Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive - Similar Threads - doesn't Vercrypt encrypted

2. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro: how to Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-password-protect-a-drive-in-win-10-pro/bb2fc32f-9ddf-4de6-9e97-be2df94303bb
  3. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro: how to Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypt-password-protect-a-drive-in-win-10-pro/bb2fc32f-9ddf-4de6-9e97-be2df94303bb
  4. Encrypt/ password protect a drive in win 10 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11: I recently built a new system with a hardware combo for WIN 11, and moved my old hard disks over to the new system. During the change, I could not boot to my old boot drive due to it being NTFS. I used a new SSD and was able to get it formatted and installed windows there,...
  6. Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11

Encrypted Files - Win 10 to Win 11: I recently built a new system with a hardware combo for WIN 11, and moved my old hard disks over to the new system. During the change, I could not boot to my old boot drive due to it being NTFS. I used a new SSD and was able to get it formatted and installed windows there,...
  7. Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 doesn't like Vercrypt encrypted 2ndry drive: Hi I really hope someone can help. This to me seems like it should be a simple issue, but no-one helped resolved it on sourceforge.net. My laptop has Win 10 Home and two internal SSD. One for system and one for personal documents (D:). Created an ecrypted folder using...
  8. Windows 10 drive encryption

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 drive encryption: So I encrypted my Windows 10 ssd drive on my old laptop. Got a new laptop the past week and transferred all data so didn’t need the old ssd. I tock this ssd and placed it in an external enclosure and plugged it into my home pc. The drive started to decrypt automatically...
  9. Make Win 10 like Win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make Win 10 like Win 7: I'll soon be in the market for a new laptop. Is there a way to make Windows 10 EXACTLY like Windows 7? I had Win 10 for about a week, and I absolutely despise it. It was easier for me to find files & programs back during the old DOS days. I know how to get around easily...
  10. encrypt win 10

encrypt win 10: Hello I have heard so much about privacy or the lack of it, like Windows being able to see my private folders in the EULA. Is there a third party encryption program I can protect my machine with? I say 3rd party for the obvious as I do not want a backdoor peeking. TY 22891