Windows 10: Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick

Discus and support Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have a Realtek 8811U Wifi stick. Whenever I boot windows with the stick plugged in, it takes ages to boot. If I unplug it, it's quicker.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pivo161, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick

Hey guys, I have a Realtek 8811U Wifi stick.

Whenever I boot windows with the stick plugged in, it takes ages to boot.

If I unplug it, it's quicker.

Moreover the stick is not recognized by win 10 automatically. I have to unplug and plug in again to make it work.

Do you have any idea what that might be?

Have all recent windows updates installed.

BR

Jonas

submitted by /u/pivo161
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pivo161, Dec 23, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Try method 2 under Windows 7 8 10 here:
    Free to Remove Readonly Attribute in Windows

Method 2: Clear readonly status with Diskpart

In Windows 10, 8, 7 OS, you are also able to run Diskpart in Command Prompt to clear read-only attribute on any partition on your computer. You can follow the tutorial below:

Step 1. Open Command Line and type Diskpart
    Step 2. Type list disk
    Step 3. Type select disk (disk number)
    Step 4. Type attributes disk clear readonly

Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick [​IMG]

Then try Clean

NavyLCDR, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

Or just use Diskpart in a Command Prompt (Admin). First list the disks to find the number to use for the usb, then select and clean it. After that it will all be unallocated.

4. Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick

1. Win 10 doesnt recognize USB Wifi stick - Similar Threads - doesnt recognize USB

2. Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fritz Wlan Usb Stick is not recognized?: Hey, guys, I reset my PC a few hours ago so that everything is zero. Now with the same WLAN stick, which hasn't caused any problems before, I suddenly have no internet anymore. I installed and uninstalled all drivers and upgraded them, checked fritz.box for errors, tried...
  3. Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Win 10 as a 'Live' OS from a USB stick.: Here's a question. With Linux, you can download an image to a USB stick and run the OS off the USB - a so-called 'live' session - i.e. you don't need to install anything. You switch the machine off and pull the USB stick and your PC is back to how it was before - presumably...
  4. laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop does not recognize usb-stick uefi?: "System doesn't find any usb device" This sentence is there. And I can't open the windows boot manager. Turning off Uefi does not work either. Please I need help. It is an Acer Aspire 3 from 2018/19. I tried to install windows but it does not work. Even with a uefi stick....
  5. win 10 usb stick

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 usb stick: Bought the win 10 usb stick from microsoft to upgrade fro 7 to 10.Inserted usb stick, and computer recognizws it,but when I right click on setup, then run as administrator,I get the spinning busy icon and nothing happens.Can someone be of assistance?Thanks....
  6. Storage stick not recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage stick not recognized by windows 10: I have a Surface GO and a Surface Pro ... I am traveling and find that a Kingston DTSE3 storage stick that works on my Pro is not recognized by the GO ... need some files. Any help out there?...
  7. USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized

USB stick previously used as a boot stick for Killdisk not recognized: I created a USB bootable USB stick for use with Killdisk to erase my failed netbook. I now what to be able to use this USB stick for other things. My Windows 10 PC does not recognize it as being plugged in within file explorer. Attached is a picture of the screen from disk...
  8. magellan gps is not recognized in usb win 10

magellan gps is not recognized in usb win 10: magellan gps is not recognized in usb win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magellan-gps-is-not-recognized-in-usb-win-10/ee35a056-a54d-49f7-bb85-505944655b49
  9. Win 10 Doesnt Recognize BT Mouse - HELP

Win 10 Doesnt Recognize BT Mouse - HELP: After I clean installed win 10, my PC failed to recognize my BT mouse. This is strange since it was working perfectly before the clean install. I use a BT USB stick which recognizes all BT devices except for this mouse. My BT mouse is the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. Again...
  10. USB Stick is not recognized

USB Stick is not recognized: I have a 16GB USB stick. It had the ISO file of Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Today I "Wiped" it using MiniTool Parttion Wizard. Subsequently it was "Formatted" using the same tool. Now I have Windows 10 Creators Update in my Laptop. However, Window Explorer does not...