Windows 10: Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

Discus and support Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmcl26554, Aug 31, 2015.

1. mmcl26554 Win User

Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the other. The dual boot works fine as menu comes up where I select which OS I want to boot from. Vista can see the drive that win 10 is on but Win 10 doesn't see the drive Vista is on. Why is that and how can I fix it.
    Michael

:)

mmcl26554, Aug 31, 2015

2. Add second drive to advanced start up screen

I had a dual boot setup Win 10 and Vista. I installed a SSD drive in the Vista spot and cloned Win 10 to it.

Had to remove the Win 10 drive and put the SSD drive in it's place so i could boot from it.

I then hooked up the old HDD with Win 10 in the Vista spot.

How do i get both drives to show up so i can pick which drive i want to run as the Start up option screen doesn't appear.?

Hope this makes sense.

ImGlockman, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Dual boot problem

Hi all.

I have an older PC that used to run XP. I upgraded it to Win 7 and have now upgraded to Win 10. I now want to make it a dual boot Win 10 system, using the second drive as a disaster recovery backup.

When I set up the dual boot Win XP / Win 7, the system put system boot files on the XP disk. Now I can't boot into Win 10 with that disk off line, nor can I format the XP disk to install Win 10 as it has running system files on it.

I have created a recovery USB flash drive but even after setting the boot devices in BIOS to boot from USB, it will not boot from the recovery disk. My next step is to create a recovery CD to see if that will work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

Photoman9876, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

1. Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it - Similar Threads - doesn't second drive

2. seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10: Thanks in advance for any thoughts, I have a dualboot win 7/10 machine, each system is on it's own ssd, programs are in 2 different folders on a 3rd ssd,all is working fine except: when i'm in 7 I can see the 10 drive which is labeled "E" but i cannot see 7 which is labeled...
  3. Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will update Win7>Win10 deactivate second Win7 drive in a Dual boot?: Here's the situation. I have a 17" laptop with two Win 7 drives set up with dual boot. One is a 128gb SSD with all my work software. (AutoCad, Rhino, etc) The other is a new 256 SSD with only the Win7 OS installed. Both use the same laptop Product key. I would like to...
  4. Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot for Win 10, Win 7 and Centos.: I would like to install 3 operative system (win 10 - win 7 and centos ) on the same HD in dual boot system. I would like to keep as much as possible the OS separate (no interference) each other and more stable possible. What will be the best way to do it? I should use an...
  5. dual boot win 10/ win 7

dual boot win 10/ win 7: Hi, I have been tried to install win 7 64 bits on dual boot with win 10 64 bits already installed on my laptop but always failed. I've searched tutorials but didn't find complete ones .Most of the tutos are about installing win 10 over wind 7 on dual boot but not the...
  6. How to install Win 7 on a second HD for dual booting with Windows 10 ?

How to install Win 7 on a second HD for dual booting with Windows 10 ?: I have Windows 10 installed on HD1 (Samsung) and working will. I had a second HD2 (WD) with Win7 installed for a dual boot operation. For some reason, I could never successfully boot into Win7. Out of frustration I decided to format the Win7 drive and start over. The...
  7. Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot

Win 7 and Win 10 Dual Boot: After reading many posts & reply's, I now think/understand that I cannot Dual Boot win 7 and win 10 using free Win 10, if I want to do that I must buy Win 10. Reason is the MS will not allow free Win 10 if I am still using Win 7. 1st I must update my win 7 with win 10...
  8. dual boot win 7 and win 10?

dual boot win 7 and win 10?: I currently have win10 on a partition. I have a second partition big enough for win7. Can I install win 7 on that partition. Will installing win7 result in a win7 style boot manager? If so, how to get the win 10 boot manager? One reason I want to do this, win7 has WMC...
  9. Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10

Win XP Dual Boot with Win 10: Hello Im not sure which would be the best way to do this, Google is good most of the time but I am getting nowhere apart from getting more stress and a headache. I have Win XP with SP2 already loaded and set up just right on a sata drive, Ive bought a new motherboard,...
  10. Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!

Dual boot with two win 10 but after see only one!: I have two HDD. Bouth have 2 partitions C:, D; then seckond disk E; and G; drive. I shrinked my partition c to make unpartitioned space for seckond instal of win 10 witch is orginal windows Restarted and choze boot from dvd. Instalation went fine. I chozed new...