Windows 10: Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

Discus and support Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mmcl26554, Aug 31, 2015.

1. mmcl26554 Win User

Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

I have win 10 10242 preview on a computer that has Vista on it. I installed win 10 to the second drive so Vista is on one drive and Win 10 is on the other. The dual boot works fine as menu comes up where I select which OS I want to boot from. Vista can see the drive that win 10 is on but Win 10 doesn't see the drive Vista is on. Why is that and how can I fix it.
    Michael

:)

mmcl26554, Aug 31, 2015

2. Add second drive to advanced start up screen

I had a dual boot setup Win 10 and Vista. I installed a SSD drive in the Vista spot and cloned Win 10 to it.

Had to remove the Win 10 drive and put the SSD drive in it's place so i could boot from it.

I then hooked up the old HDD with Win 10 in the Vista spot.

How do i get both drives to show up so i can pick which drive i want to run as the Start up option screen doesn't appear.?

Hope this makes sense.

ImGlockman, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Dual boot problem

Hi all.

I have an older PC that used to run XP. I upgraded it to Win 7 and have now upgraded to Win 10. I now want to make it a dual boot Win 10 system, using the second drive as a disaster recovery backup.

When I set up the dual boot Win XP / Win 7, the system put system boot files on the XP disk. Now I can't boot into Win 10 with that disk off line, nor can I format the XP disk to install Win 10 as it has running system files on it.

I have created a recovery USB flash drive but even after setting the boot devices in BIOS to boot from USB, it will not boot from the recovery disk. My next step is to create a recovery CD to see if that will work.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Steve

Photoman9876, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it

1. Win 10 doesn't see second drive in dual boot with vista on it - Similar Threads - doesn't second drive

2. Dual boot Win 10 and Win 11 on separate M2 Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win 10 and Win 11 on separate M2 Drives: Have just bought a brand new WIndows 11 Asus Laptop with an M2 drive which I aim to keep, but want to install my old Win 10 M2 drive into the laptop and run a dual boot system. Win 11 on the new M2 and Win 10 from my old laptop on the old M2.The reason being - a lot of the...
  3. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  4. Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?

Is it possible to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10?: Hi, I was trying to dual boot windows Vista and windows 10. But windows Vista crashes every time I try to boot it up, no boot screen just an instant BSOD but when windows Vista did not have another OS it booted up like normal. The System I tried it on was a Dell Optiplex 3020...
  5. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7: Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista....
  6. Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7

Dual boot: Vista and Windows 7: Why does Vista "loop" when I try to obtain permission to access the D-drive from the C-drive. Vista is installed in C: and Windows 7 in D: and Iought tobe able to see both drives in Vista....
  7. Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Win 10 to Win 10: I have problem related to setting up a dual boot. i am running Windows version 20H2 . When I tried to install windows on a partition using the latest Windows 10 USB installation, the setup continually rebooted after copying the installation files. I tried several times and...
  8. win 10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 dual boot: Running win 7 want to set up win10 in Partition. bought win 10 cd but it wants to overwrite win 7 rather then install in separate partition. I have the key etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-dual-boot/e592c47b-19de-4d84-9df2-7b9c6bb4aed9
  9. dual boot Vista and windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    dual boot Vista and windows 10: Hi I have a old acer 5735z that runs Vista home premium 64 bit fine I have seen this model running windows 10 on a video channel I would like to try it out by dual booting and having a look and see what suits I have partitioned the hdd so there is plenty of space Any advise...
  10. seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seeing drives in dual boot win 7/10: Thanks in advance for any thoughts, I have a dualboot win 7/10 machine, each system is on it's own ssd, programs are in 2 different folders on a 3rd ssd,all is working fine except: when i'm in 7 I can see the 10 drive which is labeled "E" but i cannot see 7 which is labeled...