Windows 10: win 10 downgrade

Discus and support win 10 downgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop with win10 preinstalled. Can I downgrade to win8.1?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by neil jnetley, Jul 20, 2020.

1. win 10 downgrade

I recently purchased a new laptop with win10 preinstalled. Can I downgrade to win8.1?

:)

neil jnetley, Jul 20, 2020

2. win 10 downgrade to win 7

Hi,

You can downgrade it, BUT:

As it is an OEM preinstalled operating system Windows 10 Pro, you will have to contact Lenovo and discuss this with them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet

Windows downgrade rights ]

To use prior versions of Windows software on PCs installed with newer versions, it is possible for consumers to obtain a license for downgrade rights. These downgrade rights will vary depending on whether the software was acquired via Volume Licensing,
    OEM, or FPP. To learn more about these rights, review the
    downgrade rights licensing brief
    . Prior versions of Windows, including Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, have limited support when running on new processors and chipsets from manufacturers like Intel, AMD, NVidia, and Qualcomm.
    For more information, please see the Microsoft Lifecycle FAQ. A device may not be able to run prior versions of Windows if the
    device hardware is incompatible, lacks current drivers, or is otherwise outside of the original equipment manufacturer’s (OEM) support period.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jul 20, 2020
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jul 20, 2020
  4. win 10 downgrade

Steps to downgrade from Win 10PRO to 7PRO & Server 2016Std to Server 2012Std

1. What are the steps to downgrade from Win 10PRO to 7PRO?

2. What are the steps to downgrade from Win Server 2016 Std to Win 2012 Std?

MSGeek1981, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

win 10 downgrade

1. win 10 downgrade - Similar Threads - downgrade

2. Downgrade Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Bios: What will happen if i downgrade my ASUS laptop BIOS to the previous version?Is it harmful ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-bios/3b34a481-e0ab-4e12-a2f4-5a3357e5ddeb
  3. downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!

downgrading back to windows 7. no windows.old please help!: I have lately decided to upgrade to win10 with an old-timer. However, mainly because of the HDD and the old processor, it takes very long to boot up and wake from sleep. Around 30-2 mins. I never had this problem when it was win7, so I decided to revert.However, by the time I...
  4. Graphical downgrade with sim update 5 Flight Sim 2020

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphical downgrade with sim update 5 Flight Sim 2020: Hi! Thanks for update 5 in Flight Sim 2020! The framerates are fantastic now and it's closer to what it should be than ever! However, it comes at a big cost for us PC-users: will the antialiasing and lighting be improved in a patch soon? Much of the visual magic is a big...
  5. Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro

Downgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro: Hello Everyone,I just want to ask can i downgrade feom windows 10 enterprise to windows 10 pro without a new product key.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-windows-10-enterprise-to-windows-10-pro/5c4fa41a-7c97-422e-9eb7-d23dd2064adc
  6. hi how i can downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 with cmd or from files

hi how i can downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 with cmd or from files: hi how i can downgrade from windows 11 to windows 10 with cmd or from files becuase my settings files has deleted by a restart and repair from the windows...
  7. How to Downgrade from Windows enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to Downgrade from Windows enterprise to Home: My windows 10 was activated with a digital license for the home edition. Windows gives us 35 days to buffer the updates. I ran out of that. I did not want to update so I went to google and took the first site on how to stop it....
  8. Downgrading from Pro to Home!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Downgrading from Pro to Home!: Hello,I have a copy of Windows 10 Home I purchased in 2016 from Amazon. I've been using it with Parallels on my Apple Macbook. a few months ago I upgraded my Macbook, and got one with an M1 chip. At first Parallels and Windows didn't work at all, and then they caught up and...
  9. System failure after downgraded from Window 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System failure after downgraded from Window 11: I am having a problem when I wanted to change my printer printing preferences. It always came out with this error message.Hope someone can help me. Thanks....
  10. Laptop can't send job to my Hp printer after downgraded from Window 11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop can't send job to my Hp printer after downgraded from Window 11: When I'm printing documents, it will come out with this error.This problem only came out when I am going to print something, I still can use the scanner function on my printer controlled by my laptop.I think I had accidentally deleted some important folders and causes this...