Windows 10: Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo

Discus and support Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it before deleting? I chose, create media for another PC. I had chosen to only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xbliss, Aug 22, 2015.

1. xbliss Win User

Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo

Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it before deleting?

I chose, create media for another PC.

I had chosen to only create x64 .iso even though I was thinking might make sense to have a copy of both.

But apparently Win 10 downloader downloads WIM/ ESD for both?

Can I use it to create Win 10 media? How?

Delete it after?

The Big Files:
    :)

xbliss, Aug 22, 2015
  2. Steeboo Win User

Windows download version

Download Windows 10

Which version of Win 10 do I get - if I download Win 10 - for "another device" from the above - using media creation tool ?

It doesn't tell me whether it is creators edition or not !

Steeboo, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Why can't I create a USB recovery drive on new Win 10 laptop?

This is happening to many users who have upgraded from Win 8 too, the only workaround is to download the Win 10 iOS file via media creation tool & either burn it to DVD or download the USB version, this will have recovery options when used & allow you to
    reinstall or repair Win 10.

Download here: Windows 10 herunterladen

Time Lady, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo

You can convert the esd file to an iso if you wish to go that way. In order to have both the 32bit/64bit iso for the Home and the Pro editions as well as having each separate iso downloaded I simply ran the tool multiple times by right clicking on the exe file itself to use the "run as administrator" option. That insured the tool would run multiple times on the occasions when first getting the 64bit and combo for Pro and later going back for the Home.

The guide for seeing the esd file converted over to the iso format can be looked over at How to Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 install.esd File

Night Hawk, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo

1. Win 10 Downloader & Media Creator: 10.2 GB folder remains. Use it befo - Similar Threads - Downloader Media Creator

2. 2 Downloads Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 Downloads Folders: [ATTACH] New PC, Fresh SSD Wipe. I tried to move my Downloads folder to my HDD (D:\) and accidentally set my whole D:\ Drive as the Downloads folder. I fixed this via regedit but the issue is that the shortcut for the previous one stayed there and I don't know how to...
  3. Win 10 pictures remain hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 pictures remain hidden: Frustrated ! Dang it's mostly from this lock down stay at home where this C 19 has been over blown over done and it's now at a stage that there really are some politics and the big V that they are waiting on is NOT going to be what they think or (if they do) ok, well i've...
  4. download media player for win 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download media player for win 10 version 1909: I have just upgraded Win 10 pro X64 bit to version 1909 N. I was online using Jacqui Lawson Christmas Ecards and found they wouln't open the video. On checking I found that earlier versions played them fine but on later updates Microsoft dropped the "Media Feature Pack for...
  5. Windows 10 Media Creator

Windows 10 Media Creator: On or about July 9th 2019 Windows did an update to my laptop, that is where my problems started! I created a "system restore point" before the update had gone through the "restart" in anticipation of a problem, well not to disappoint Windows 10 came through again! The...
  6. how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool

how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool: I would like to know where to download the media creation tool for the release of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-win-10-1809-media-creator-tool/94c31904-0bd4-48e2-aded-856ee8cb737d
  7. how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool

how to get win 10 1809 media creator tool: I would like to know where to download the media creation tool for the release of 1809 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-win-10-1809-media-creator-tool/78a854ce-2516-4b32-bd9b-74a96ffa0d69
  8. Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Creators Update Not Happening: My wife and I both have Dell Inspiron 5558 laptops, identically configured. When the Creators Update was scheduled to be released, I set both of them to metered connection to hold off on the update while I waited to see if there were going to be any major issues reported....
  9. WIn 10 Creator version number

WIn 10 Creator version number: What is the real version number for Win 10 Creator? Is it 15063 or 1703? I know I got the Creator update because it said so after the update ran which took an hour. But my sister's PC I may have to force the upgrade and the Win Upgrade Assistant refers to 15063. So I'm...
  10. Windows 10 media creator for pro?

Windows 10 media creator for pro?: Does anybody know where I can get the media creator that gives me the option to select home or pro? It just shows windows 10 and downloads home. PC was upgraded via windows update but im now selling the machine and pulling my ssd out and putting the old drive back in that is...