Windows 10: WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Discus and support WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Recently, after updating to ver 2004, my laptop Dell XPS 9360 crashes during sleep. I restored power settings, ran chkdsk, updated/repaired... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Giordano Bruno, Jun 18, 2020.

1. WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hello

Recently, after updating to ver 2004, my laptop Dell XPS 9360 crashes during sleep. I restored power settings, ran chkdsk, updated/repaired drivers including Intel RST, system devices in device manager, graphics, etc. Windows is up to date with latest CU. I don't have any error mark in device manager. Here is the latest crash dump reports. All previous dumps also pointed to ntoskrnl and ntkrnlmp.

On Thu 6/18/2020 3:28:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061820-11484-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDA20
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x5, 0xFFFFBF0FC9C10030, 0xFFFFBF0FD41278A0, 0x0
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 6/18/2020 3:28:05 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!PoFxSetComponentWake+0x1797
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x5, 0xFFFFBF0FC9C10030, 0xFFFFBF0FD41278A0, 0x0
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 6/13/2020 1:12:33 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\061320-14218-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDA20
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x5, 0xFFFFE70F1E25B030, 0xFFFFE70F2052D970, 0x0
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System

Best regards

Reza

:)

Giordano Bruno, Jun 18, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jun 18, 2020
  4. WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

1. WIn 10-DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

2. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  3. "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" BSOD Error: I have been periodically received a BSOD error probably at least once a day. I have pulled a Memory.DMP, which can be viewed below. Please advise. Thank you!******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * *...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?: Hi. My PC is currently having driver issues but the device manager shows none with problems. I have reverted back a few windows and software updates but it seems to still happen... I tried analyzing with WinDBG but without experience I wasn't able to assert the actual problem...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - Solution?: Hi. My PC is currently having driver issues but the device manager shows none with problems. I have reverted back a few windows and software updates but it seems to still happen... I tried analyzing with WinDBG but without experience I wasn't able to assert the actual problem...
  6. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  7. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  8. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  9. Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f

Dell 7620 Win 11 randomly rebooting with driver_power_state_failure 9f: Hi, my machine was purchased directly from Dell 1 year ago and was working fine up until about a month ago and now keeps randomly rebooting. I don't play any games or run anything high power - it will reboot even if I just have a web browser open and I'm not actively doing...
  10. Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Blue Screen Crash with Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I started receiving a Blue Screen crash with the error code DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.Minidump:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ApfrrgARnuefnlOv-HzsgfPrE3irJxAQ/view?usp=sharing...