Windows 10: Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time

Discus and support Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have an unusual problem in that Win10 only sees a DVD/CD one time. Example: Trying to install Flight Sim X which has 2 discs. The first one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonVenema, Sep 19, 2018.

1. RonVenema Win User

Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time

Hi, I have an unusual problem in that Win10 only sees a DVD/CD one time. Example: Trying to install Flight Sim X which has 2 discs. The first one installs correctly but when I install the 2nd disc it doesn't show up in file explorer or This PC. When I open the device manager it shows the DVD and shows working correctly. As an alternative I've used a Usb DVD player but again when I insert the 2nd disc I have to disconnect the Usb connection, reinsert it and it will run the 2nd disc. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

RonVenema, Sep 19, 2018
  2. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

3. DVD Drive repeatedly missing

Thanks for your suggestions.

My PC is ASROCK ACPI X64 and the DVD drive is optiarc DVD RW AD 5240S.

I have tried all your methods from 1 to 3 but none solved the problem.

Method 1 Step 5

Run as administrator not available

Method 2 Step C

Expand DVD/CD rom drives Not visable

Method 3 Step 3

Corrupted files found but not all fixed

All updates have been installed.

Any new suggestions?

Regards:

David Massey 175, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time

Cannot view DVDs as they run

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums.

1. What is the make and model of the DVD player\laptop?

2. What is the exact error message you are getting?

You might be facing this issue due to outdated\corrupt DVD drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the DVD drive drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps to uninstall the DVD drive drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the DVD drive listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Karthik Vengaloor, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time

1. Win 10 DVD Drive only runs 1 time - Similar Threads - DVD Drive runs

2. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  3. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 DVD drive port automatically ejects: Problems I face:1 My DVD drive port automatically ejects. Sometimes it occurs while connecting to usb poer. It ejected right now while I am typing. I use external keyboard.2 The LED near charging port is on even after my laptop is switched off.3 My touchpad is a bit erratic,...
  4. 1 DVD drive port automatically ejects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Run Programs without DVD in drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Programs without DVD in drive: Now that most laptops are sold without DCD/CD Drives it is often inconvenient to carry my Drive around with me. Is there any way to run programs without the DVD Drive plugged in?...
  6. DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10

DVD drive stopped recognizing DVD's in Win 10: I have been ripping DVD's to the cloud all weekend with no problems using MakeMKV. Then suddenly after about 90 discs my DVD drive stopped recognizing any disc I put in it. I insert a disc, wait a few seconds and click on the DVD drive in Windows Explorer. Then the drawer...
  7. Missing: 1 harddrives and 2 DVD drives

Missing: 1 harddrives and 2 DVD drives: I am running Windows 10 and I am missing a G harddrive and 2 DVD drives from the configuration. Can anyone help me to get them back. I had this problem before but thought I would start a fresh inquiry. I just noticed that the DVD drives do appear in My PC but not in File...
  8. Dvd Drive auto running

Dvd Drive auto running: My Dvd drive just scans automatically 6-7 times. I tried disabling it in device manager but it didnt worked . Its happening since i installed some cumulative update of 20h2 ....
  9. Win 10 only boots 1/3 of the time !

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 only boots 1/3 of the time !: Win10 Pro - Version 2004 (updated only a few days ago but the problem I describe started before the update) hello for a couple of weeks, about one third of the time win 10 does not boot on my PC which opens on the page to access the BIOS settings (does this page have a name...
  10. Win 10 DVD Drive Issue

Win 10 DVD Drive Issue: I have an HP 635 notebook using Win 10 and experience an usual issue with the DVD drive. I have a hp CDDVDW SN-208BB drive. After I restart Windows, the DVD drive in explorer shows as a removable drive as a result the DVD player is gone as shown in 1st image. I looked at...