Windows 10: Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...

Discus and support Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 Pro installation currently Version 1803. Asus WS x-99 usb 3.0 Mainboard.I use a Swiss German Bluetooth keyboard although the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jams O'donnel, May 8, 2019.

1. Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...

I have a windows 10 Pro installation currently Version 1803. Asus WS x-99 usb 3.0 Mainboard.I use a Swiss German Bluetooth keyboard although the system is English, don't ask Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems... ;) Sometime back, I can't exactly remember, I suspect after a windows 10 update, my internal DVD drive which was attached to an internal SATA port stopped working altogether. After many attempts to fix it I disconnected it and connected an external DVD via a USB port. Win 10 can see the DVD Drive in explorer but it is listed as a CD Drive although it can't read CDS either! In hardware manager it sees it as a DVD drive! I have tried several USB drives all the same. I have revealed hidden devices in the manager and deleted anything not currently in use ie not highlighted.I have tried various fixes suggested by various forum users found on google although most seem to be from 2017 or 2018 including uninstalling/reinstalling the DVD/ SATA /Intel Chipset from ASUS etc

I have also tried the registry fix regarding "upper limits" etc .However I have several keys with the name [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}. !!!??? I find this strange!

So I went through all of them and deleted any reference to "upper or lower filters" of course after rebooting the mouse didn't work, although the led was lit etc... so luckily I had a system restore point at hand.

I have also tried the: reg.exe add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\Controller0" /f /v EnumDevice1 /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001 and rebooted but again to no avail, I shall try again this evening to check syntax etc...So I can no longer Load Data from DVDS , I have a lot of Drum and music Samples I would like to load and I also recently downloaded a music VST from Native Instruments and they come in the form of iso files which I can no longer mount. The error generated "you do not have the rights to open this file"

I have tried repossessing the file to be come the owner in the security tab and have given myself all rights but to no avail.I have tried copying the iso to a new destination same story no go

I shall this evening make a new user account and see if that brings anything I always run the cmd line with administrator rights etc.

In the name of Bill gates does no one have a solution for this ! Is it possible that these 2 problems are somehow related?

I have heard that some people have installed 3rd party optical device burn software and this cured the DVD problem?

Also someone mentioned iTunes? has anyone any comments regarding that. Apparently there is a setting in the sound control panel where you can give or take away exclusive rights for a specific device ? I haven't tried that yet I shall also attempt to unistall iTunes as i hardly ever use it.I also have a software from Sony for a MP3 player maybe i should get rid of that?

Mainboard Asus x99-E WS Usb3.1,Graphic card Asus Geforce GTX 1060, 32 GB ram , SSD samsung 512 EVO Pro x 2, several 4TB HDDs, MS Office, Adobe CC, Cubase 9.5, Davinci Resolve, Sony catalyst Browse/Prepare/, iTunes, Sony media manager, Acrobat reader, Sketchup, Xplane 11, RME Fireface soundcard. I can't think of anything else relevant.

Anybody got any ideas much appreciated, I'm a bit stuck!

:)

Jams O'donnel, May 8, 2019

2. The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, May 8, 2019
  3. jazzlover Win User
    CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD.

The CD/DVD is recognised in Device Manager and says that it is working properly. the only way I can get the CD to be recognised after inserting the CD is by going to the Device Manager and double clicking the CD/DVD line to open 'properties'. At that point itunes asks me if i want to import.

The drive is a Samsung SH-223L.

Autoplay is ON

I hope someone can help. Thanks Nigel

jazzlover, May 8, 2019
  4. nickbenes Win User

Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...

DVD/CD drive is not recognised

Original Title: DVD/CD player

After installing Windows 10 upgrade my internal DVD/CD drive is not recognised but my USB external hard drive is, does anyone know how do I fix this problem?

many thanks

nickbenes, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems...

1. Win 10 DVD drive recognised as a CD also cannot open iso files are these 2 Problems... - Similar Threads - DVD drive recognised

2. CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Problem. DVDs are recognised but not CDs: Can anyone help end my frustration?I recently started ripping my CD collection to FLAC on an external drive, using Windows Media Player, going from ABBA to Zydeco. I got as far as the letter G and tried the Gorillaz CD which turned out to be an enhanced CD which I couldn't...
  3. CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CD/DVD Drive just not recognised at all: I built my PC 3 years ago and installed a DVD drive because my part time job requires the burning and ripping of DVD's. It was working perfectly as usual last night until I turned on my computer this morning and my DVD was not recognised. I went into device manager and when...
  4. CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CD-DVD DRIVE NOT RECOGNISING DISC: HI Peeps just bought a recon computer, everything is up and running and works great. I just dug my old CD+G discs out of my shed because I want to put together some backing track playlists. for some reason when I put a new disc in it will only play the first track then...
  5. CD/DVD drive is not recognising

CD/DVD drive is not recognising: cod/dvd rom was not visible in my laptop. when i checked for it, an error code 45 occurred. acoording to microsoft to solve it, i had to uninstall the drives and after restarting the laptop a message should have popped to install it again. but it didn't. now i don't know how...
  6. CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised

CD/DVD RW Drive not recognised: Hi all. I have an Acer laptop with built in DVD/CD RW drive, running Win 10 For some reason, the laptop has stopped recognising it. When I put a disc in it whirs, spins and clicks as usual as if it were reading it normally, then stops. Have gone through all the usual...
  7. DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD does not recognise cd's or dvd's: I have an asus laptop (ROG Gamer) with windows 10 and cd's nor dvd's can be recognized from the dvd drive, also windows media player does not show it, can someone help me?...
  8. CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive

CD's not recognised in DVD/CD Samsung drive: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and alll is working well except for the CD/DVD drive does not automatically recognise a CD when its inserted. With previous Windows 7 when I put a music CD in drive wiith itunes open then itunes would ask if i wanted to import CD. The...
  9. DVD drive not recognising CD

DVD drive not recognising CD: Hi all, my first ever post in my first ever forum so I'm sorry if I do things a bit wrong. I'm very frustrated. I brought a Video editing software package to put my old videos onto the laptop but my DVD driver is not recognising the CD. It sort of starts to spin, then stops...
  10. Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Loaded Win but DVD drive is not recognised: I have downloaded Win10 onto my laptop. The DVD is: UltraNote Series: 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW) I thought that everything was fine after I had re loaded Norton which had disappeared. All other icons and programmes were intact. I then attempted to load...