Windows 10: win 10 DVD install does not present as described

Discus and support win 10 DVD install does not present as described in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have read everything I can find on how to do clean install on a HP Laptop that came with an OEM WIN 10 system. I have installed a new Seagate 1 TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CLedfo, Dec 23, 2018.

1. CLedfo Win User

win 10 DVD install does not present as described

I have read everything I can find on how to do clean install on a HP Laptop that came with an OEM WIN 10 system. I have installed a new Seagate 1 TB HD and it has passed all short, long and memory test. Disk is initialized GPT and formatted simple volume NTFS. BIOs set to Legacy ( if Secure BOOT I get install OS Message ) Boot order selected is DVD by way of usb ( internal DVD does not work ). First, every video I have watched the Welcome information screen comes right up, mine takes hours to present screen. From there all is the same up to the restart. It appears to start the install all over, I have pulled the disk at which I get the message No OS . I have left the disk in but changed the boot order to Hard drive, but for some reason it has the ability to over ride me and puts itself back to DVD. A lot of the advise is to run system check or Cmd. prompts but they are not accessible except as an option in the install. If you choose repair I'm back to 5 hours waiting for the welcome screen again. Question Is the DVD needed after restart. I don't think it is installing it just appears to be by showing the progress bar. If I remove the dvd it says no OS.

:)

CLedfo, Dec 23, 2018

2. DVD+/- won't read or write on Win 10

Hello Brown,

We appreciate the effort and time that you have put in to resolve the issue. I would like to assist you further from here

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the CD/DVD drivers from the manufacturer's website and then check. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the CD/DVD drivers.

Follow these steps to Uninstall DVD-CD ROM driver.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for DVD-CD ROM driver
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the DVD-CD ROM
      driver and select Uninstall.

Do not restart your computer, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers and install it.

Hope it will help this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 23, 2018
  3. kukane Win User
    Help...asus bw-12b1st will not read blu-ray dvd

I bought an ASUS BW-12B1ST Blu-ray writer...installed and it didnt read ANY dvd...deleted from devices and restarted...it then played dvd's but NOT Blu-ray dvd...it lists as BD player under Computer...I run ANY DVD HD and it recognizes it as a blu-ray writer, but no play...OS is VISTA. Suggestions??

kukane, Dec 23, 2018
  4. win 10 DVD install does not present as described

Problem after crash out of Dvd Maker install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and inconvenience. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to check for the DVD maker from the list of all applications.

If it’s present in the list, then try to uninstall and reinstall it. Follow these steps:

1. Type control in the search bar and hit enter.

2. Go to control panel and click on programs and features.

3. Right-click on DVD maker and click uninstall.

Also try this:

• Type troubleshooting in search and open troubleshooter.

• In the left pane, click on view all.

• Select Windows update and follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope the issue will be resolved. Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

win 10 DVD install does not present as described

1. win 10 DVD install does not present as described - Similar Threads - DVD install does

2. Win 10 Blue screen with different errors described below

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Blue screen with different errors described below: hi,I have win 10 pro installed in a SSD Disk and it works fine, but sometimes in random way it crashes suddenly with the blue screen caused by different errors such as kmode exception not handled caused by clipsp.sys, system service exception caused by win32kfull.sys and...
  3. Installation of Win 10 does not start.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Win 10 does not start.: Hello everyone A few days ago I bought Windows 10 and wanted to install it on the HP255 G6 (linux was there, whole disk wiped to zero). I have created a disc with (Media Creation Tool) and want to install it. Flash drive and the system starts, the Windows logo appears, and...
  4. installing win 10 whether using a USB or a DVD

installing win 10 whether using a USB or a DVD: I get the 4 position windows up telling me It cannot install to any of the 4 positions. Also had a message cannot find the driver no idea so can go no further!!! Cheers Alan have installed 10 many times this the first I could not install...
  5. At present Win 8.1 or Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At present Win 8.1 or Win 10: What os is better for gaming ? In win 10 my laptop crashes often dute Thread stuck in a device driver had no problems in win 8 when initially brought! my laptop initially configured was 8.1 later i updated because microsoft wanted me to now please help me what is...
  6. Windows 10 does not want to install from DVD

Windows 10 does not want to install from DVD: Version Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1 (build 7601: Service pack 1) In the attachment is a photo with the error that appears if I want to install windows 10 on the computer. I have not changed anything on my hardware. Nothing changed in software. Original windows 10 iso...
  7. Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wins 10 does not see my dvd drive: Crossed over Fri. and all went well,BUT for one thing the system does not see the drive..if you click hidden folders on Manager it shows up with the following the drive is not connected to the computer ( 45)....which i get a laugh from.It is not connected..buuuut..it reads it...
  8. copy win 10 installation usb to DVD?

in Windows 10 Support
    copy win 10 installation usb to DVD?: My aging PC will not boot to usb. Can I copy it to DVD? 72911
  9. booting up the win 10 install from a dvd?

booting up the win 10 install from a dvd?: Background: At present in windows 7 trying to convert to win 10. I lost control of my main computer! Whether it was the cat wandering all over the keyboard while I was temporarily out of the room or it was something I did. I returned to find the computer locked up with...
  10. Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom

Win 10 does not see files on CD/DVD rom: I performed the upgrade on Windows 10 after installation I was trying to install office 2007, the DVD rom drive is seen by win 10 because I can eject the disk but no files to be seen in explorer and it won't auto start despite all the settings.. I have changed the auto start...