Windows 10: Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc.

Discus and support Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all ! I have new pre built PC comming this week . I have also OEM 64bit Windows 10 DVD comming too.Question is the pc has no DVD rom installed but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by greenybob, May 18, 2021.

1. greenybob Win User

Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc.

Hi all ! I have new pre built PC comming this week . I have also OEM 64bit Windows 10 DVD comming too.Question is the pc has no DVD rom installed but I have acsess to external DVD drive.Would I be better to download newer version of win 10 to usb stick and install from there?Would the same product key work that came with the DVD? Hope this doesent sound too complated! Many thanks .

:)

greenybob, May 18, 2021
  2. dlgrasse Win User

Win10 install media with multiple product keys

I see this post that may be my answer, but wanted to verify with the community for Win10 USB. (Can I use multiple product keys with the same Win 7 DVD?)

I am upgrading my existing computer from Win7 Home to Win10 Home, and then wish to do a clean install. I know I can use my Win7 product key for the re-install, so no problem there.
    I'm also building a new computer, and am buying the Win10 Home USB stick for this machine.

My question is, can I use that stick to install on the new computer, using the accompanying product key, and then also use that stick for the old computer's clean re-install, using the old computer's product key? Does it matter that the USB stick is retail, and the old computer is OEM?

dlgrasse, May 18, 2021
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 18, 2021
  4. Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc.

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc.

1. Win 10 DVD vs USB stick install .Use same product key .New pc. - Similar Threads - DVD USB stick

2. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC: I work for a major defense contractor, and we’re building up systems that include PCs with no domain or connectivity outside the standalone network. Our PC supplier buys Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 licenses for us, and provides those unique license keys along with the PC. To...
  3. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC: I work for a major defense contractor, and we’re building up systems that include PCs with no domain or connectivity outside the standalone network. Our PC supplier buys Windows 10 Enterprise 1909 licenses for us, and provides those unique license keys along with the PC. To...
  4. Reactivate Windows 10 product key for use on same PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer

Same product keys after reinstallation using same installer: Hello, Whenever we install/reinstall the units OS Windows 10 PRO with OLP installer/Product Key, It does not activate automatically unless you key in the product key. But whenever we reinstall it using WIN10 Pro Retailer installer and used OLP Product Key it will activate...
  6. Can i use the same product key in the same pc?

Can i use the same product key in the same pc?: Hello so I need to redownload windows beacause of some problem now im wondering if i can use the same product key for the same laptop and i already have my bootable media....
  7. installing win 10 whether using a USB or a DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing win 10 whether using a USB or a DVD: I get the 4 position windows up telling me It cannot install to any of the 4 positions. Also had a message cannot find the driver no idea so can go no further!!! Cheers Alan have installed 10 many times this the first I could not install...
  8. New installation of Windows Pro for Workstations on new SDD from USB stick: Product key...

New installation of Windows Pro for Workstations on new SDD from USB stick: Product key...: I just purchased a new license for Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. As instructed, I ran the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB stick with the setup program. I am booting from the USB stick and installing onto a brand new drive. The other drives in the computer...
  9. win 10 usb stick

win 10 usb stick: Bought the win 10 usb stick from microsoft to upgrade fro 7 to 10.Inserted usb stick, and computer recognizws it,but when I right click on setup, then run as administrator,I get the spinning busy icon and nothing happens.Can someone be of assistance?Thanks....
  10. Using Rufus 3.7 to install Win 10 Pro USB stick fails, ruins stick(?)

Using Rufus 3.7 to install Win 10 Pro USB stick fails, ruins stick(?): Rufus 3.7 seems to have made a Windows installation "spanning" my USB stick and a Windows 10 folder/drive/volume on my HDD. This has rendered my USB stick useless. Plus, it needs formatting, says Win 10, but its size is reported as 128MegaB, not 32GigaB). I had screenshots...