Windows 10: Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****?

Discus and support Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This morning when I was accessing my email via Win 10 Home version, I attempted to find a email within a custom folder I labeled "receipts" where I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ronbosan, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Ronbosan Win User

Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****?

This morning when I was accessing my email via Win 10 Home version, I attempted to find a email within a custom folder I labeled "receipts" where I kept copies of many online transactions from several email accounts for my business and personal online purchases. Today that folder and all it's contents have been deleted.

Additionally, the hotmail account I connected to my Win 10 email client coughed up copies of emails nearly a decade old that I had long ago deleted both in my Microsoft account and in my email client at the time. While it's disturbing and annoying that you keep emails after i delete them for this length of time, I'm not entirely surprised given we live in a surveillance state, this is merely more proof of it.

While I have kept printed copies of anything critical, there were several important ones that are now simply gone and I have no idea how to retrieve them. This is a grave breach of trust, and a absolutely unacceptable over reach on your part. Your update has deleted, on it's own, a folder containing a collection of receipts for my business and my personal life. This is unforgivable.

Keep it up. You're doing a great job motivating me to move to Linux.

:)

Ronbosan, Jan 27, 2020

2. how to make gmail as the default email client in win 10

when I try to set gmail as my default client in win 10 I do not see the app listed in the default list in the "defualt programs" list. How do I set up gmail as the default email client?

mikestew27, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Jan 27, 2020
  4. kma54 Win User

windows 10 folder documents show as empty!

In my folders the documents are listed as empty - please help with steps to change the way they are opened?

kma54, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Win 10 email client emptied one of my folders on it's own, ****? - Similar Threads - email client emptied

2. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  3. Why are my email folders empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my email folders empty?: For some reason all my email folders appear empty. I have no idea if I've inadvertently changed any settings but need to recover the contents of those folders....
  4. One Drive - empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive - empty folders: Background: I have been having issued with my outlook. So IT department says "they have to do a 1909 update and if that doesn't fix it then they will do a reimage." So first, they wanted me to copy all my docs from my computer to OneDrive. Worked great. for about 2 weeks...
  5. One Drive folders empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive folders empty: Hi , I am in a terrible state as my One Drive folders are there but are empty inside. Please can someone help? Thanks Lynne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-folders-empty/edb3e80d-0567-4425-b90b-d86065ad9904
  6. set up email client Android/Win?

in Windows 10 Customization
    set up email client Android/Win?: Dear connoisseurs, how can you set up an email client on the Windows computer to retrieve mail from the Microsoft server, if you only have the email access data for an Android phone? email-Client Android/Win einrichten?
  7. Empty Email

Empty Email: Hi in my Outlook EMAIL APP i find several msg with no content, no email address ect i can not swipe them to delete them either if i use my web browser to check my hotmail, i dont have that problem why shows my app empty emails with absolutely no content or address and...
  8. Email folders are empty windows 10

Email folders are empty windows 10: I use a desktop with keyboard, Windows 10 installed Edge and Internet explorer is used for browsers. I have an email address from the 1990s that was first issued to me by my first ISP. it ends in .net I use that because of customers and friends all used it for that many...
  9. Win 10 & 7 email client missing

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 & 7 email client missing: Hi everyone: I need to be able to choose my default email client to Outlook if possible so I can have it work ok with an application that needs to 'see' the default email client in order to send emails via it (It sends invoices as attachment and is a Filemaker runtime...
  10. Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder message for non-empty folder by Windows 10: "This folder is empty" message displayed by Microsoft OneDrive although the folder has thousands of subfolder with over 20 000 files! This error has been since Windows 10 OneDrive was introduced. 54515