Windows 10: Win 10 error (0xc0000255)

Discus and support Win 10 error (0xc0000255) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] My hard disk suddenly shut down, when I restarted it gave me this error (0xc0000255). I have followed various online guides but I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cloudrootXP, May 1, 2020.

  1. Win 10 error (0xc0000255)


    Win 10 error (0xc0000255) [​IMG]

    My hard disk suddenly shut down, when I restarted it gave me this error (0xc0000255). I have followed various online guides but I have not been able to solve the problem. I need to fix it because I have many photos inside.

    I upload some photos maybe someone can help me.



    https://preview.redd.it/cdenksbei6w...bp&s=a5dc3e16dd6bc0ccc297c26d403591a424ee4a5b



    https://preview.redd.it/s2r8m39fi6w...bp&s=99b8c4063e360cb39511df1b05e10032cdb1652c

    submitted by /u/cloudrootXP
    [link] [comments]

    :)
     
    /u/cloudrootXP, May 1, 2020
    #1
  2. n2bn2b Win User

    Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

    Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

    Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

    I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help
     
    n2bn2b, May 1, 2020
    #2
  3. NGeo Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

    Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance
     
    NGeo, May 1, 2020
    #3
  4. Win 10 error (0xc0000255)

    Stop Win 10 install

    Hi Bryon,

    Thank you for using Windows 10.

    • Let us know are you referring to Update list when you say "Win 10 mailing list"?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:


    • Press Windows+X.

    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

    • Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to assist you further.
     
    Navneet Anand, May 1, 2020
    #4
Thema:

Win 10 error (0xc0000255)

Loading...
  1. Win 10 error (0xc0000255) - Similar Threads - error 0xc0000255

  2. iSCSI Initiator Service fails to start with error Access is denied

    in Windows 10 News
    iSCSI Initiator Service fails to start with error Access is denied: [ATTACH]The Microsoft iSCSI Initiator Service allows your computer to connect to remote storage devices (SAN/NAS) over an IP network using the Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) protocol, making them appear as local disks. The service runs under the LocalSystem...
  3. There is no volume selected in Diskpart error on Windows computer [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    There is no volume selected in Diskpart error on Windows computer [Fix]: [ATTACH]Some users cannot format a USB flash drive to FAT32 using Diskpart because of the “There is no volume selected” error on Windows computers. The FAT32 file system is required for several purposes, such as BIOS recovery and installing software updates on PlayStation....
  4. Hyper-V error occurred while attempting to export the virtual machine

    in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V error occurred while attempting to export the virtual machine: [ATTACH]When trying to copy or export a VHDX or Hyper-V file, you may encounter an error saying An error occurred when attempting to export the virtual machine. This error can happen for many reasons, which we explain in detail in this guide. An error occurred while...
  5. Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused) Claude error

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused) Claude error: [ATTACH]If you are receiving the error message “Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused)” when trying to use Claude Code on your Windows 11/10 PC, this post will help you fix the issue. A few users have reported that Claude Code repeatedly displays this message when they...
  6. There are no volumes Diskpart error in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    There are no volumes Diskpart error in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some users cannot modify their hard disks or USB flash drives with Diskpart due to the “There are no volumes” error. Some users tried assigning a drive letter with a third-party tool and succeeded, but the issue reappeared after restarting the Windows PC. Diskpart...
  7. Error resolving driver libraries in DBeaver [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    Error resolving driver libraries in DBeaver [Fix]: [ATTACH]The Error resolving driver libraries in DBeaver usually appears when DBeaver cannot download or locate the files required for a database driver. It commonly occurs while creating a new database connection or updating an existing driver. In most cases, the problem is...
  8. Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows AI Agent Installation errors and their solutions: [ATTACH]Running an AI agent locally on Windows has several benefits. It ensures complete data privacy because all your files stay on your PC. Moreover, you can integrate these AI Agents with your system to build AI-powered desktop automation workflows on your Windows 11...
  9. Acer Security Boot Fail error in Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Acer Security Boot Fail error in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Some Acer users encountered the Security Boot Fail error when turning on their laptops or PCs. The error occurs after they turn on their system and prevents them from booting into Windows 11/10. If you encounter this issue with your Acer computer, the solutions...
  10. BSOD error: 0xc000000f/ drive C corrupted 0xc0000255

    in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error: 0xc000000f/ drive C corrupted 0xc0000255: Hello, In the last few weeks I have received continuous messages stating: failure of update the latest version of windows 10 insufficient disk space(8GB required), I have ignored them all and did'nt clear up any space on my pc (4GB left) either. My computer became very slow...

Users found this page by searching for:

  1. 0x8024a21e windows update error