Windows 10: Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!!

Discus and support Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is so irritating!!! Does anyone know how to change this? The hover area in file explorer (Win10) is too freaking long!!! It doesn't leave enough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SloppyGoat01, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!!

This is so irritating!!! Does anyone know how to change this? The hover area in file explorer (Win10) is too freaking long!!! It doesn't leave enough room to easily click in an open area where it won't select a file!!! GRRRRRR!!! Why did they do this?!!! I mean, it leaves such a tiny space between the files, that you can barely even do drag box selections. I already disabled the hover selection feature (in the registry), because that's even worse!!! But the length of the selection box is always as long as the longest filename in that column. Whose dumb idea was this?!!! Windows 7 did not do this!!! I'm having to hack the hell out of the damn thing, just to try to make it act normal. So far, I can't find any way to change this ridiculous behavior. The selection box should only be as long as each individual file. I can usually solve problems like this, but either I don't what to search for, specifically, or the answer just isn't out there. Why is the file hover box so damn long?!!! It just makes it so cumbersome to use.

Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!! e6ebae38-d49e-4577-9f3d-a03d5f715136?upload=true.jpg

:)

SloppyGoat01, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Jump list not showing full filename if pointer is hovering long files?

For some reason, this only applies to Taskbar jump lists, but you need to 'Pin' the item to the list first.
    Everywhere else it works as expected.

Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!! [​IMG]

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!!

R click and hover on new causes file explorer to hang for a long time before showing options

Why when I R click and hover on new causes file explorer to hang for a long time before showing options?

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!!

1. Win 10 Explorer file hover area is too long!!! - Similar Threads - Explorer file hover

2. File name too long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  3. File name too long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File name too long: I still have an issue with the error "the file name is too long", although it is not. Ihave changed the value in the longpathsenable Keyloccalmachine using registry editor, restarted and same issue !Please advise !...
  4. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  5. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory: Hey All!A Friend Of Mine Was Trying To Install Windows Terminal Alacrity Or Something but when he started it, he got a error telling him he doesn't have vclibs or something installed, so somebody online told him to install Visual C++ Redistributables From Here:...
  6. File Explorer Takes Too Long To Open A Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. File name too long

in Windows 10 Support
    File name too long: I run Win10: [img] And a browser save on the HDD disk, with filename counting 255 letters. And I cannot rename it, move it, or delete it. And I have enabled in the group policy Win32 long file names: Enable or Disable Win32 Long Paths in Windows 10 How can I get rid of...
  8. Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 "wake-up" takes too long!: Hi, my PC (win10-1909) takes between 15 and 20 seconds to wake up after sitting idle for a while. I have to hit the space bar several times until something happens. My wife's PC, same win10 version, wakes up after about 2 seconds. Any advice where to start looking? Thanks, Ed...
  9. file name too long

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file name too long: how to resolve this issue in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-name-too-long/783521af-d0ec-410b-826e-67a50a90159c"
  10. Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small

in Windows 10 Support
    Print in Win 10 File Explorer much too small: Hello all, New computer, new Win 10. Unfortunately, the print in the file explorer is microscopic. I can barely make it out. I've set the computer to a lower resolution so I can easily see the type in my Photoshop program and other programs. However, the file explorer print...