Windows 10: Win 10 - Explorer issues + PC won't shut down or wake from sleep mode

Discus and support Win 10 - Explorer issues + PC won't shut down or wake from sleep mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I've already had one PC problem solved via this forum since upgrading to windows 10 and hoping I can get some help with a few more! 1. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lain01, Aug 21, 2015.

1. lain01 Win User

Win 10 - Explorer issues + PC won't shut down or wake from sleep mode

Hi All,

I've already had one PC problem solved via this forum since upgrading to windows 10 and hoping I can get some help with a few more!

1. My PC no longer shuts down. It starts to shut down but then never turns off. I have to hold down the power button to turn it off. Really weird.

2. When my PC goes into sleep mode it will no longer wake up. I've pressed every button on the keyboard but nothing wakes it up. The only way to get it back on is to hold down the power button to switch it off, then switch it back on again.

3. Now that Edge has replaced Explorer, I'm having trouble with some websites and also there's an issue with Java. Windows 10 removed Explorer but when I've tried to download it I get the message:
    Looking for Internet Explorer? You're in the right place, but Internet Explorer requires a Windows PC.
    Well, I do have a Windows PC!

Windows 10 is so annoying that I hate my laptop now. For the first time ever, I'm thinking of going with Apple.

Please help!

Thanks

:)

lain01, Aug 21, 2015

2. Wakeup from sleep still uncontrollable (Windows 10, 64-bit)

Of course it won't wake up when you shut it down. Shutting a PC down means totally killing all processes. That's what sleep mode is for, and that's why the PC will only wake up when on sleep mode.

After all you can't wake a dead person, can you? same goes for computers.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Aug 21, 2015
  3. Upgraded PC to Windows 10 and won't wake-up from Sleep Mode

I upgraded to windows 10 and my computer won't wake up from sleep ... I have to shut down and restart when in sleep mode, and still no response

GARYCARTER4279, Aug 21, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

This indicates that there's some background process got hung and cannot be terminated so Windows is waiting.
    There might be options in your BIOS that you can enable to use "Any key", "None", Define A Key etc... to wake the computer up.
    Check that out under Power Management.
    Windows 10 did not remove Explorer.
    It's either in : "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    Or: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe"
    If it's not in the above folders then you need to turn it on from "Programs and Features" as shown below:

Win 10 - Explorer issues + PC won't shut down or wake from sleep mode [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 21, 2015
  5. lain01 Win User
    Thanks for your response.

Shut down issues -
    Any ideas what this might be or how I can find out and fix this?

Sleep issues - I looked under power management but can't find any options about how to wake up the PC. Are you able to give me a specific path to follow so that I can find the settings I need to change?

Explorer - You're right, Explorer was in there (x86). Don't know what Edge is all about then.

Thanks

lain01, Aug 21, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Download the attachement, unzip and double click on it to merge into the registry. This what I modified to speedup the shutdown process

topgundcp, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 - Explorer issues + PC won't shut down or wake from sleep mode - Similar Threads - Explorer issues won't

2. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  3. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode: that happend the last months i geuss and i restarted it works good but today i try to wake it up the lock screen appeared then suddenly it shuteddown and all the data are lost...
  4. the pc shuts down after waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC immediately wakes up from sleep or shut down: Whenever I put my pc to sleep it shut down for a second and than immediately something clicks and then it turns back on. I tried the command--powercfg -lastwake-- in cmd and it says amd usb 3.10 extensible host controller - 1.10 microsoft this wakes it up...
  6. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  7. Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.

Computer won't shut down, and won't wake from sleep.: The common 'Warnings' I see in event viewer are: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\VID_B58E&PID_9E84&MI_03&Col02\7&138e2f98&0&0001. & at the 'error' level: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b...
  8. Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode

Computer shuts down after waking from sleep mode: Have had this laptop for many years now and installed Windows 10 (from Win 7) when it was made available. Within the last few months the laptop can no longer resume from sleep mode and shuts down unexpectedly. Seeing as how this never happened before and I have been running...
  9. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  10. PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC shuts down after trying to wake from sleep mode.: After my Win 10 PC goes into the sleep mode and I try to wake it, the PC just shuts itself down. I have not tried much of anything to fix this. Any suggestions ? Thanks 101154