Windows 10: Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

Discus and support Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot either from the HDD or the SSD. Both drives on their respective boot ups show the C and D drives along with the Recovery partition. This past weekend I removed the slow HDD platter and put in a slightly more speedy SAMSUNG EVO 860. Prior to doing that I imaged the C drive the one with the SSD PCI Express NVMe and included all three of the partitions of the drive in the backup, the healthy large boot drive, the 200MB first drive as well as the 1GB Recovery partition. The imaging was successful and I can still dual boot and the EVO is much much faster than the HDD platter as expected. The only slight hiccup when I boot now from either the original SSD PCI Express NVMe or the EVO 860 I no longer see the recovery partition in explorer. It does show up however in disk management but I see no way to make it visible again. This is not a deal breaker but I just like seeing it there in explorer.

I looked at this page:

https://www.disk-partition.com/artic...tion-5740.html

..and tried this suggestion ->In most cases, the recovery partition is hidden by default in case of unintentional deletion and formation, and you can’t see the recovery partition in Windows Explorer (File Explorer), the only way you can see the partition at that time is Disk Management. Just go: This PC>Manage to open Computer Management, then select Storage> Disk Management.

But did not see any way to unhide it. The other two suggestion diskpart and AOMEI I would like to avoid if possible. Thanks in advance.

Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition [​IMG]

Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Oct 9, 2018

2. Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Rexter Win User
    Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

Win 7 sys. recovery partition

So is there a way to create a 100Mb partition where windows will recognize it as the system recovery partition.

t77snapshot, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

1. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition - Similar Threads - Explorer Longer Shows

2. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  3. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  4. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. EFI partition showing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI partition showing in Explorer: I cloned my system onto a new drive. No problems except a small one. The system reserved EFI partition appears in Explorer as J: I have used Diskpart to remove the drive assignment. This works fine until the next boot when it re-appears. Any ideas on how to make this...
  6. Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition no longer labeled as "recovery". Any suggestions?: Long story short, had some hiccups cloning my drive, and the recovery partition got allocated a drive letter now. I removed the drive letter so it wouldn't show up in file explorer, but now in disk management it's not labeled as a "recovery" partition. submitted by...
  7. Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merged recovery partition with other partition, no longer visible: Hi. I merged the recovery partition with another partition D: on the same disk. The resulting partition doesn't show up in Explorer and has no letter in Disk management :-. Neiher can I assign a letter to it e.g. using MiniTool partition wizard. Result: I can´t access the...
  8. Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 Explorer No Longer Shows Recovery Partition: Notebook came with 2 internal drives. One an HDD platter and the other a speedy SSD PCI Express NVMe. Shortly after purchase in Dec of last year I used the media creation tool and downloaded the win 10 iso and installed it on the HDD platter which allowed me to dual boot...
  9. After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?: Now running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Just did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro. Seems to have worked fine - but I'm still testing.... This is an HP PC which came with Win 7 and there is a recovery partition on the system disk. Is this recovery partition of any use now that...
  10. Is my Recovery partition Win 8 or Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my Recovery partition Win 8 or Win 10?: I am doing some OS maintenance on friends Surface Pro 2 currently running Win 10 Pro x64. One of the things I want to do is implement a backup process using Macrium Reflect. The HDD has a Recovery partition on it of around 6GB (full) but I don't know whether it's current...