Windows 10: Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

Discus and support Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, we have a problem with Onedrive Business in Windows 10. When opening files direct from the Explorer Window the timeglas is shown the the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HL Durbach, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

Hi,

we have a problem with Onedrive Business in Windows 10. When opening files direct from the Explorer Window the timeglas is shown the the file does not open at all it just times out file show as syncronised.

Though when opening the same file directly from a program it opens instantly. This could be reproduced with different type of files and different programs.

We have tried to reset OneDrive, remove and reinstall OneDrive though nothing has helped.

On other computers using the same Onedrive account there are no issues.

Any idea how to get this working as it should?

:)

HL Durbach, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2020
  3. File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Feb 6, 2020
  4. jsmin Win User

Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open

1. Win 10 Explorer, One Drive business problem files will not open - Similar Threads - Explorer Drive business

2. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  3. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem: Instead of using CTRL +A, I used the Windows Explorer icon labeled 'Select All'. That's when problems began. Not sure if I clicked something to fix it or if the reboot did it but it's working again.The problem now is that when I drag a single file to the desktop while holding...
  4. Win 10 file explorer 'Copy To' problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. One Drive Problem affecting files explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Problem affecting files explorer: Hi,I recently tried to disable one drive on my laptop as I had error signs next to all my folders due to it not being able to sych as I had reached my 5gb limit, but they were still accessable. I did not plan to really use one drive and these annoyed me so I disabled it....
  6. One Drive Problem affecting files explorer

One Drive Problem affecting files explorer: Hi,I recently tried to disable one drive on my laptop as I had error signs next to all my folders due to it not being able to sych as I had reached my 5gb limit, but they were still accessable. I did not plan to really use one drive and these annoyed me so I disabled it....
  7. one drive files not opening

one drive files not opening: Hi, some of my files on one drive windows 10 is marked with grey color cross sign and does not open. please find below the screeshot in which i have marked with red arrow the files showing a cross sign. please help to retrieve these files. [ATTACH]...
  8. Opening files in One Drive

Opening files in One Drive: I have installed Malware on my computer and now it will not let me open any of my one drive files it opens in a blank window can someone tell me what has been blocked so I can open these files. Thank you,...
  9. Win 10 File Explorer problem

Win 10 File Explorer problem: Stacked and side-by-side do not always arrange views 50-50. See attachments.[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-file-explorer-problem/29b2a366-985b-45c9-9133-73d4b2f77626"
  10. Win 10 "File Explorer" can only open One copy

Win 10 "File Explorer" can only open One copy: I have a new clean install of Win 10 but it only allows me to open one copy of File Explorer. My understanding is that you can open as many File Explorer as I like. I choose Start and File explorer and after the first open file nothing happens. BUT Just found out that if...