Windows 10: Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

Discus and support Win 10 express cache causing slow performance in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm fixing a Sony VAIO win 10 laptop, its got a 500gb HDD with a 32gb ssd built into the drive as a fusion drive type. Its 6 years old now. Looking at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dazza007, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Dazza007 Win User

Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

I'm fixing a Sony VAIO win 10 laptop, its got a 500gb HDD with a 32gb ssd built into the drive as a fusion drive type. Its 6 years old now. Looking at task manager I see its permanently using 50% disk and there is a delay when I try to do anything. I've gone through the services and figured out the culprit is ExpressCache. Disabling it returns performance and the HDD drops down to normal usage. What does express cache do? Is it important on a ssd/HDD drive? Is the ssd portion of the drive worn out?

:)

Dazza007, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Slow performance in window 10

Hi,

There are various reasons why your computer is performing slowly. There may be a virus on your computer or a corrupted system file that is why the performance of the computer is slow. To know how you can improve the performance of your device, we recommend
    that you follow all of the suggestions here. Please take note that you need to follow all of the listed suggestions
    in order.

Should you need further assistance, kindly reply to this thread.

Argel Obm, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

use of Hybrid HDD and SSD 24GB Express Cache in windows 10 (upgrade)

I have ASUS S46CM laptop with 24 GB SSD being used as express cache for fast start. Will installation of windows 10 use this express cache automatically or I have to configure manually using some guide in net or it will not use express cache? FYI,
    I have been remove all Windows.old files

Moved from: (Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures)

FadhillaAkbar, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

1. Win 10 express cache causing slow performance - Similar Threads - express cache causing

2. Express cache in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Express cache in windows 10?: Hi, I have notebook with hybrid drive; hdd and msata ssd 32gb for improving performance. So far it was running w7 at reasonable speed. And I was thinking; would w10 make use of this solid state drive for improving speed as well? Does it have similar feature? submitted by...
  3. KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer: Across all my customers today I have been getting inundated with reports of poor performance on explore since the June update came out specifically around the Windows Servicing Stack 19044.3025 and 19045.3025, a restore of the machine prior to to the install date is the only...
  4. KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5027215 Impact causing slow performance on File Explorer: Across all my customers today I have been getting inundated with reports of poor performance on explore since the June update came out specifically around the Windows Servicing Stack 19044.3025 and 19045.3025, a restore of the machine prior to to the install date is the only...
  5. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl: My photo workstation grinds to a halt on a regular basis. It doesn't crash; it just becomes unusably slow. Often it's not even possible to launch the task master or restart other than via the power switch.The symptom seems to be that memory 64Gb is completely filled with...
  6. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl: My photo workstation grinds to a halt on a regular basis. It doesn't crash; it just becomes unusably slow. Often it's not even possible to launch the task master or restart other than via the power switch.The symptom seems to be that memory 64Gb is completely filled with...
  7. Cached memory slowing performance to a crawl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Win 10 express cache causing slow performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 express cache causing slow performance: I'm fixing a Sony VAIO win 10 laptop, its got a 500gb HDD with a 32gb ssd built into the drive as a fusion drive type. Its 6 years old now. Looking at task manager I see its permanently using 50% disk and there is a delay when I try to do anything. I've gone through the...
  9. Windows 10 battery causes very slow performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 battery causes very slow performance: Hi my name is Nick and my games and apps Anything! works veeeery slowly and my battery is not charging and when i restart my pc on startup IS VERY LAGGY and i need wait 1, 2 hours possible 1 day to my PC start working better again im stop my PC only in sleep mode because i...
  10. update win 10 ssd express cache is lost memory

in Windows 10 Support
    update win 10 ssd express cache is lost memory: when I update from win8.1 to win 10 , the express cache memory 24GB ssd no longer active, and it was lost about 23.80 gb ssd memory when I check in diskmanagement , [img] My problem is how one can help me *Sadasus laptop is my home win10 singer tp500lb 36665