Windows 10: WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

Discus and support WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; EVERYTHING WENT WELL UNTIL I CAME TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AN RECIEVE CODE KEYBOARDS STOPED WORKING ONLY KEYS WORKING ARE ZVB SO I CAN GO NO FURTHER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoslynBaptiste, Apr 3, 2019.

1. WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

EVERYTHING WENT WELL UNTIL I CAME TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AN RECIEVE CODE KEYBOARDS STOPED WORKING ONLY KEYS WORKING ARE ZVB SO I CAN GO NO FURTHER SHOULD I RESTART

:)

RoslynBaptiste, Apr 3, 2019
  2. stanroy Win User

Reset Acer Travelmate to factory settings

Hi all, I have an Acer Travelmate with Win10 (1607), I would like to save Win 10 to a stick, then reset the laptop back to factory settings and then reinstall Win10. There is no program on the laptop that requires saving. Any advice or suggestions, not to technical, would be very much appreciated, thanks Roy

stanroy, Apr 3, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Apr 3, 2019
  4. AlanHo Win User

WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

Acer S5-371 Super Thin Laptop Will Not Install Recent Win 10 Updates.

My Acer S5-371 Super Thin laptop has not been able to install Win 10 updates since 21/05/2018. The last one being Version 1709 KB413466.

The 240 GB SSD is divided into two partitions
    C: 100 GB For the OS and software (with 20 GB unused space)
    D: 19 GB For all data (with 199 GB unused space)

WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP [​IMG]

You can see that it downloads the updates OK but the install fails, and upon the next laptop boot-up in shows a message that the laptop is waiting for a restart to install updates. If I do this, the cycle repeats. If I ignore it, I can use the computer normally but there is a regular notification appearing above the system tray that there are updates awaiting installation.

I thought that the last update to be installed may be the culprit so I restored my C: Drive from an Acronis Back-up made on May 1st which is before this update. Win 10 downloaded them all again and only installed the one dated 21/05/2018. Hence this plan didn't work.

I then found via Google that some SSD's in thin laptops are a problem - so contacted Acer UK Support who confirmed that my laptop model had been tested and will install all the latest updates including Version 1803. They suggested I make more space on the C drive or plug a USB hard drive into the laptop to give Updates more space for temporary files. This didn't help.

The laptop warranty expired 4 months ago and Acer are now suggesting I should send it to them for repair at my cost. I cannot conceive that it is a hardware problem and am loath to do this without further advice.

I am now considering restoring the laptop to factory settings and trying to update Win 10 again. This means I will need to reinstall all my software and data. Before I take this step I would welcome other ideas.

AlanHo, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP

1. WIN 10 FACTORY RESET PROBLEM ON ACER LAPTOP - Similar Threads - FACTORY RESET PROBLEM

2. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset: I tried to factory reset my laptop and I had to use the windows media tool to be able to do that but now it's stuck at like 60% just restarting over and over again. I can't tell if it's getting any progress and I've tried starting it in safe mode by turning it off and back on...
  3. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset: I tried to factory reset my laptop and I had to use the windows media tool to be able to do that but now it's stuck at like 60% just restarting over and over again. I can't tell if it's getting any progress and I've tried starting it in safe mode by turning it off and back on...
  4. Acer laptop keeps restarting after factory reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  6. Factory Reset A Win 10

Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  7. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Acer Laptop Factory Reset Stuck at 66%-87%

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Acer Laptop Factory Reset Stuck at 66%-87%: For the past 9 hours my Acer laptop has been going through a factory reset and its been stuck in a never ending loop where it'll get up to 87% then freeze before cycling the power and starting over at 66% only to get back up to 87% and repeat the same process over and over...
  9. ACER ASPIRE E15 LAPTOP FACTORY RESET

ACER ASPIRE E15 LAPTOP FACTORY RESET: ENCOUNTERED A PROBLEM WITH PYYSICAL AND ONSCREEN KEYBOARD. WHILE DOING A FACTORY RESET I CAN TO A SEND CODE PAGE TO VERIFY MY ID. HOWEVER I COULD NOT INTER MY INFORMATION BECAUCE OF KEYBOARDS.SHOULD I JUST POWER DOWN LAPTOP AND START OVER OR CAN I ?...
  10. ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    ACER Laptop will not boot up after factory reset: I do not know what has happened. I was resetting my laptop with a factory reset and the installation was stuck at 10% for over 24 hours. I forced a restart and now I get the following error: The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...