Windows 10: Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates

Discus and support Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All I have an Acer Aspire A515-51 with win 10 factory installed. On purchase last year I installed some Sage software from 2012 and ran ok with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stanna, Jan 9, 2019.

1. stanna Win User

Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates

Hi All
    I have an Acer Aspire A515-51 with win 10 factory installed. On purchase last year I installed some Sage software from 2012 and ran ok with no problems. Back in October I decided to install an SSD drive and have a nice clean version of win 10 mainly to try and restore the search facility (no joy).
    I then only installed the older Sage software again a few days ago only to find the fonts within the software are tiny and can hardly see them. Did the hokey cokey of uninstall reinstall with no joy.

In desperation i tried the software in another computer and it worked fine (win 7) so it must be win 10. Tried to uninstall recent updates but will not allow me to remove all of them (thanks MS). I then but back my old HDD (which is built into the laptop) and the Sage is fine again.

Sooooo I decide to factory reset the built in original HDD using Alt and F10 but on reinstalling sage it is the small fonts again. How can this be if its factory reset????
    I checked update history as soon as it installed and not connected to Wifi and it shows the unremovable updates????? How have they got there if its reset to before they were released???

Can anyone help with either a roll back of Win 10 version 1803 or my sage problems please??

I have tried display settings etc with no effect.

Cheers

:)

stanna, Jan 9, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Lovenovo Win User
    Back to Win 10 after a factory reset to Win 8.1

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Helix (2nd Gen) which I had ugraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 sometime in mid-July (definitely before July 25). However, I problems with the touch-screen and touchpad cropped up. After much research and online discussion, I decided
    to factory reset the device. While the great news is that the Helix is now working perfectly, the factory reset has taken me back to Win 8.1. Some of the people who helped with diagnosing and resolving the issue have suggested I keep (and work on) Win 8.1
    for minimum of a fortnight (since the problems started within a fortnight of upgrading to Win 10).

However, I want to know if I can go back to Win 10 in the future, and if yes, is there a timeline within which I have to reinstall?? Also, I have a Win 10 installation (ISO) file, but the problem is that it is a Win 10 Home version, while the Helix was running
    Win 10 Pro (and is now running Win 8.1 Pro). Can I download a similar ISO file (Pro version) from the Microsft website (link please)??

Lovenovo, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates

Win10 updated but had to factory reset

Hi,

I got the Windows 10 update successfully from 8.1, unfortunately had to factory reset so it is back to 8.1, I do not have any backup, any suggestions please to get WIN 10 again

Mittapalli, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates

1. Win 10 factory reset to older version to avoid updates - Similar Threads - factory reset older

2. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  3. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  4. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Is it possible to run software on Win 10 from older Win versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to run software on Win 10 from older Win versions: I have an old licensed design program that is from/for Windows 98....is it possible to run this on my current Windows 10 version in some way ?? If not what are my options or possibilities (if any) to use this program in today's PC world ?? Thanks... Current Windows Version...
  6. Win 10 Updates and Older Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Updates and Older Games: I am still playing regularly Silent Hunter 4 from its release 12 years ago, still the best WW2 subsim. I al;so have many puzzle games both bought and freebies. In the past week or so they have begun to misbehave. SH4 was always good in any version of windows but now is...
  7. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  8. Win 10 factory reset failure

Win 10 factory reset failure: recently did a factory reset on my Dell Inspiron 5567 laptop (Build Nov 2016, i7, 8Gb, AMD R7 m445 graphics) to try and repair some long standing bugs I had encountered during previous attempts at Win10 updates. Unfortunately after completing the reset, the laptop boots up,...
  9. Win 10 reset factory error

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 reset factory error: how to fix a reset factory error.. please need some advice...my laptop is restart always after the logo sign appear thnx for ur help..^_^ 75014
  10. Lenovo X1 Factory Reset - Win 10

Lenovo X1 Factory Reset - Win 10: Hi all, FInally, I got myself a new T series notebook. I'm looking to get rid of my X1 Carbon (Gen 2). A few months back, I did a factory reset from Windows 10 and it went smoothly, but when I attempted it a few days back, I kept getting the error "there was a problem...