Windows 10: Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update?

Discus and support Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, Hope someone here with a similar experience can help. I've spent the morning reading forums, but haven't found a solution to my current issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by field_studies, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update?

Hi all,
    Hope someone here with a similar experience can help. I've spent the morning reading forums, but haven't found a solution to my current issue.

I'm using a new (1 month old) Windows 10 pre-built tower. It arrived, I soon discovered, with a faulty motherboard. Once that was replaced it seemed to be working without issue ... until this morning (last night I shut it down for the first time in a few days; I think in the intervening time I installed the fall update? might be coincidental)

Now it boots straight into the Automatic Repair blue-screen. This processes fails. In the advanced options, I've tried to use Startup Repair, System Restore, Previous Version, and even Windows Reset, but none work (the first fails, the next two claim there are no previous points to revert to, and windows reset fails).

I've also tried to boot off of a Windows 10 media creation tool USB. That only seems to give me the option of a clean install of Windows or, by selecting the 'repair' option, puts me back into the startup repair bluescreen, with the same (non-working) options as earlier, minus Windows Reset.

I'm nearly resigned to taking it in to the store for repair, but as they can't look at it until tomorrow so figured I'd try to work at it a little more myself.

A few other notes:

• I've run CHKDSK on my C: drive, and it turned up clean
    • I've run sfc /scannow and dism.exe /Image:C:\ /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      though neither seemed to turn up anything or help. - strangely, if I disconnect my C: drive, I get the same blue screen circuit detailed above; but if I disconnect either of my storage drives, I get just a black screen with "reboot and select proper boot device"
    • I have accessed the DISMReportLogFile.txt in my System32 folder. There are a few warming messages therein (these relate from my most recent boot attempt, via the USB Windows drive):
      • "[...] c:\Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder. - DISMOSServiceManager: : Final_OnConnect"
      • "Failed to load the provider: X:\windows\TEMP\92DA3[etc]\PEProvider.dll. - CDISMProviderStore : : Inter [...]"
      • "Failed to load the provider: X:\windows\SYSTEM32\Dism\MetaDeployProvider.dll. -CDISMProviderStore: :Internal_GetProvider [...]"
      • "[1524] [0x80070002] FIOReadFileIntoBuffer: (1381): The system cannot find the file specified."

If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful!

:)

field_studies, Oct 9, 2018

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 9, 2018
  4. larry Win User

Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update?

larry, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update?

1. Win 10 failed this morning (automatic repair failure loop) ... coincident with fall update? - Similar Threads - failed morning automatic

2. Automatic Repair Loop Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop Win 10: Hello, my laptop is currently stuck in a automatic repair loop and none of the fixes work. and why u may ask? Because i cant turn on the safe menu. i keep spamming f8 or gently clicking it before the windows icon appears, nothing. i am suprized because even the spinning dots...
  3. Automatic repair fail loop

Automatic repair fail loop: My laptop's been stuck on automatic repair failing loop for a week and no solution online seems to work. When trying the three bootrec.exe commands the third onebootrec.exe /fixboot failed and said "Access is denied" The first phase of chkdsk /r took 24 hours with a lot...
  4. Win 10 automatic repair failure caused by Realtek semiconductor update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 automatic repair failure caused by Realtek semiconductor update.: Following Realtek semiconductor for windows update and restart, 2 different surface tablets became locked in automatic repair mode, where none of the offered fixes work. The only option starts the command prompt. My third computer offered the same update, which I disregarded...
  5. Windows Automatic Repair Loop - blue screen - Repair Fail

Windows Automatic Repair Loop - blue screen - Repair Fail: Attempted to install one SABRENT 1TB NvmepcieM.2 228 SSD into gaming PC today. Immediately got this problem and have tried everything to fix it with no luck: Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC. Press "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC or "Shut...
  6. Loop and fail of automatic repair

Loop and fail of automatic repair: Hello everyone! I have faced a problem with my Win10 After the latest windows update my laptop is in a constant loop - Preparing automatic repair - Diagnosing my pc - says that it did not start correctly and offers to restart. After that the cycle starts again What can i...
  7. Windows 10 Automatic repair loop failure

Windows 10 Automatic repair loop failure: My windows 10 PC has failed in an automatic repair loop. Nothing I have tried is resolving this. My installation disk is an old windows 7 version. I don't want to install that as I will lose all my saved files, photos etc. I have downloaded from another laptop a new windows...
  8. Windows 10 automatic repair failure loop - made worse

Windows 10 automatic repair failure loop - made worse: Hello, I apologize in advance for the chunk of text but there's a lot of stuff I have to explain to get to the point of where I'm at now. My PC, which I bought 3 months ago started having issues 2 days ago. I had been using my PC 4 days prior to it messing up and it was...
  9. WIN 10 automatic boot repair loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 automatic boot repair loop: Hi i have another notebook and also another problem Lenovo brand - it had win 8, upgraded to win 10, clean install with correct key and activation After some time it got stuck on Automatic repair on boot - i mean boot loop - it do not work, After turning off automated...
  10. Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails

Win 10 update (fall 2017) fails: Win 10 update assistant notifies to update goes thru update --- Fails HP Desktop 4gb Win 8 (1tb spinner) --> Win 10 --> migrate to SSD (45G used 65 G free) error code 0x80070057 on another attempt error code 0x80070652 allowed it to try update many times ----...