Windows 10: Win 10 fails to boot

Discus and support Win 10 fails to boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The other day the PC crashed. It restarted on its own and went to the recovery screen, but nothing has worked. I've done ever imaginable step. System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TLDaniels, Jan 1, 2020.

1. TLDaniels Win User

Win 10 fails to boot

The other day the PC crashed. It restarted on its own and went to the recovery screen, but nothing has worked. I've done ever imaginable step. System Restore wouldn't start. Removing the last update didn't start. I tried bootrec, but that removed Windows 10 from the "exit and use Windows..." screen option. Hilariously I follwed the offered Microsoft steps and used the Win 10 install on a USB. It clearly stated on the screen involving "bootmgr is missing" to boot from the USB since none of the repairs have worked I tried to install and it says since I have Windows I can't install I have to open Windows and run from there...WHICH I CAN'T DO!!!!

I ran chkdsk which said it finished successfully but with an unspecified error {75736e.....} so the hard drove may be failing so if I get a new hard drive how can I install Windows 10??? I had the free upgrade or is that the trick? The latest update kills the free upgrade so that you have to now buy windows, well played.

If I get a new drive and clone my old one and every event repeats then obviously I have to buy Windows which should not be the sole solution. I should be able to do a repair install without opening Windows. From what I remember that used to be a thing. I clearly remember doing that with XP so has that feature been removed? Not really a question.

The real question is where is the repair install on Win 10 without having to open Windows which I cannot do.

:)

TLDaniels, Jan 1, 2020
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Jan 1, 2020
  3. RealNeil Win User
    Win 10 boots...

Interesting that it works on that oldie but goody laptop.

I don't notice any speed lags with Win-10 TP, but I'm using it on an i5-4670K system with an SSD for the boot drive, so it's snappy.

RealNeil, Jan 1, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

Win 10 fails to boot

Recommend hardware changes for upgrading from Win-7 to Win-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 fails to boot

1. Win 10 fails to boot - Similar Threads - fails boot

2. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  3. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...: so assisting a friend in the vendevor So where trying to figure out how to fix this issueIts a fresh install of windows just runningand where getting the bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL IF we dont have XMP enable in biosbut if we have XMP enabled this issue never happens...
  4. PC either bluescreens IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or Bios failed to boot / but still actully...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  6. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system: I have two boots for Windows 10 all with the latest updates as of last week. Work Boot and Gamer Boot.My Gamer boot has stopped working with the User Profile Service Failed The Sign In message followed by User Profile Cannot Be Loaded.Safe Mode boots to the same issue. I am...
  7. User Profile service failed the sign in - dual boot system

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it: My Microsoft surface laptop with Windows 10 can not boot up . What should I do to recover from it. Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-surface-windows-10-failed-to-boot-up/7ec836e7-3f08-4c91-8926-e928095d6207
  9. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it: My Microsoft surface laptop with Windows 10 can not boot up . What should I do to recover from it. Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-surface-windows-10-failed-to-boot-up/7ec836e7-3f08-4c91-8926-e928095d6207
  10. My Microsoft surface Windows 10 failed to boot up. What will I do to recover from it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging