Windows 10: Win 10 fails to load drivers on new SSD NMVE

Discus and support Win 10 fails to load drivers on new SSD NMVE in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have upgraded all the components of my pc over the last few years. As such i have been left with all the old parts, bar an SSD, to build a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Revan57, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Revan57 Win User

Win 10 fails to load drivers on new SSD NMVE

Hello,I have upgraded all the components of my pc over the last few years. As such i have been left with all the old parts, bar an SSD, to build a computer for my daughter. Now the motherboard, graphics card etc where used on my current windows 10 build which has moved onto my new SSD and the new computer. However i cannot get passed the driver screen for a clean windows 10 install using a USB bootable key. It is driving me crazy as there seems to be no reason and i have tried a number of things:1. Reinstall the media creation tool to the usb after downloading the .exe file directly to the USB

:)

Revan57, Sep 3, 2021
  2. Frabnkhs Win User

Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD

I've been trying to disable the IBM Optane RST in my system in preparation to installing a 1 TB NMVe SSD in the M.2 slot

With no success. I'm new to Windows 10 and all the fancy-schmancy gizmos like Optane RST memory and the like so....

My biggest hurdle seems to be disabling the Optane and switching the mechanical harddrive over to ACHI

Here are some screen pix of my system's bios.... showing specifically the SATA and Optane related parts. BIOS is latest & greatest

Win 10 fails to load drivers on new SSD NMVE [​IMG]

And as an afterthought, do I need need to turn off boot protection?

I also tried Mr Brink's tutorial steps on ACHI turn on after installing to no avail

(Enable AHCI in Windows 8 and Windows 10 after Installation)

Frabnkhs, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Ar3s Win User
    HD 5870 Bios flash failed

mp3 player is in FAT / FAT32 format ?

Set Boot up first to the drive with hiren bootcd 10.4
    Done...

the options will pop out after loading the disc choose

boot cd

then the list (step by step)

Next...
    Dos....
    USB Drivers....
    Load USB Drivers with no386.....

Ask you load cd drivers. NO
    Ask you load SCSI drivers. NO
    Ask you anything NO.
    USB driver list comes out. 8 Don't choose anything else.

type
    C:\ (that should be your mp3 player if you did it right)

atiflash -i
    to list the adapters

atiflash -p -f 0 ???.bin

done.........

Ar3s, Sep 3, 2021
  4. x509 Win User

Cloning SSD to NMVe - Macrium NO, Acronis TrueImage for Sabrent YES

I just installed a 1 TB Sabrent Rocket PCIE-4 NMVe drive into my system and used Macrium Reflect to clone my old SSD to the new Rocket. Did not work. First I got a "missing or corrupted winload.efi" error message. On reboots, error xc000 000e error code.

I booted up to install media, eventually got to a command line and typed in:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Bootrec did locate the Windows partiton on the NMVe drive, but then "could not find the specified partition." *Banghead

So I "broke down" and used the Sabrent recommended utility, Acronis True Image for Sabrent. I haven't used True Image in years now, and I had very bad luck with another Acronis program. But having no apparent choice, I downloaded and installed this program. *Zip

It runs slowly between steps on the menu bar, but it got the job done with no fuss. I'm now typing this after my system successfully booted up from the new NMVe drive. Windows booted faster. Outlook loaded up faster. *Nerd

x509, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Win 10 fails to load drivers on new SSD NMVE - Similar Threads - fails load drivers

2. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  3. Win 10 New SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 New SSD Drive: Reinstalled Win 10, Installed new SSD Drive to computer. Temporarly disconnected existing Harddrive. Set Bios to new SDD drive for start/Boot. Reconnected harddrive. My question is that I have duplicate files in Partitions/Drives. Can I now delete/format the Harddrive now?...
  4. New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New M.2 NMVe SSD recognized but not usable: Alright folks, I usually manage on my own but here I'm starting to lose my mind, and I'm not familiar with PCI express stuff. Any help is appreciated. I built my own PC some years ago, here are the relevant specs : Windows 10 x64 on Samsung 850 EVO SSD 256GB with 1 TB HDD...
  5. Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD: I've been trying to disable the IBM Optane RST in my system in preparation to installing a 1 TB NMVe SSD in the M.2 slot With no success. I'm new to Windows 10 and all the fancy-schmancy gizmos like Optane RST memory and the like so.... My biggest hurdle seems to be...
  6. Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Optane and Installing NMVe SSD: I've been trying to disable the IBM Optane RST in my system in preparation to installing a 1 TB NMVe SSD in the M.2 slot With no success. I'm new to Windows 10 and all the fancy-schmancy gizmos like Optane RST memory and the like so.... My biggest hurdle seems to be...
  7. Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers

Win 10 USB install fails to load drivers: Hi everyone, Long time Mac user switching back to PC here. I'm stuck installing Windows at the very beginning, before choosing any drive to install to. I've made a USB bootable installer, which loads, and takes me to a "windows needs to load drivers" message right after...
  8. Win 10 update fails new ssd error 0x8007003 & 0x800705BB

Win 10 update fails new ssd error 0x8007003 & 0x800705BB: Any suggestions on how to fix this Code: MOUPG CDlpActionImpl<class CDlpErrorImpl<class CDlpObjectInternalImpl<class CUnknownImpl<class IMoSetupDlpAction> > > >::Suspend(1066): Result = 0xC1800104[gle=0x00000002] 2019-05-05 23:51:59, Error MOUPG...
  9. SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD

SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NMVe SSD: I bought a new SAMSUNG SM961 M.2 NVMe SSD. Mr Google on several sites said that a DVD install will fail at the make Partition stage. I installed from a DVD no problem. The only changes I made in the UEFI was to disable the other drives so as to be sure to install to the...
  10. New SSD for Win 10

New SSD for Win 10: Win 7 Pro currently installed on 126GB SSD. Only 20 GB capacity left. Plan to install new 500GB SSD as C Drive. Plan is to clone 126 SSD to 500 SSD, including Win 7 OS, before installing 10. Then install 10 to 500 GB SSD Does this seem like best way to go? Thanks 8944