Windows 10: win-10 feature update fails repeatedly

Discus and support win-10 feature update fails repeatedly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Get error 0x80004005 How do I fix the problem - I don't know exactly what the problem is Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lmmeunier, Aug 6, 2019.

1. lmmeunier Win User

win-10 feature update fails repeatedly

Get error 0x80004005

How do I fix the problem - I don't know exactly what the problem is

Thanks

:)

lmmeunier, Aug 6, 2019

2. 1709 Feature Update repeatedly fails

I have been having a persistent problem installing the Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1709 on Windows 10 Pro. I have updated drivers and tried several approaches but nothing seems to change the basic behavior, which is a “Reference_by_pointer” blue
    screen following the “Working on updates” portion of the update procedure. My Update history currently features 9 failed attempts at this update, with four listed as “requires a restart to finish installing” and the other five listed as failed. The about screen
    lists Version 1703 OS Build 15063.966.

Thank you for your help!

Jonsie_128, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2019
  4. RotatorVY Win User

Windows 10 1703 repeatedly fails

Windows 10 1703 repeatedly fails to install with a suggested code 0x800705b4. Please advise the way to correct.

RotatorVY, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. win-10 feature update fails repeatedly - Similar Threads - feature update fails

2. Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails: Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop running Windows 10. Windows feature update repeatedly failing and retrying so laptop virtually unusable. Update files seem to be downloaded OK, Install seems to complete however when restarted the process fails and undoes updates. Error code...
  3. Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails: Sony Vaio 64 bit laptop running Windows 10. Windows feature update repeatedly failing and retrying so laptop virtually unusable. Update files seem to be downloaded OK, Install seems to complete however when restarted the process fails and undoes updates. Error code...
  4. Windows 10 feature update repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing

Windows 10 Update repeatedly failing: trying to install KB5010342 and keep getting the error message: "Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x8007000d'After doing some research, I have run the additional troubleshooter within Security and...
  6. WIN feature updates fail on VDI

WIN feature updates fail on VDI: Hi, Can you please help me with a reason as why the feature updates are failing? This is a VDI machine, but on a laptop and other machines this worked OK. win version is 1803 2021/03/30 03:58:48.2751247 6792 10164 Agent WU client version 10.0.17134.2087...
  7. Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails

Windows feature update to Windows 10 version 2004 repeatedly fails: After being offered the 2004 update for a couple of weeks now, I've noticed that it repeatedly fails install. I tried a number of troubleshooting steps, all with no resolution. The Windows Update Troubleshooter can't find a problem. I've also tried the Media Creation Tool...
  8. Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903

Repeat Failure at Feature Update Win 10 v 1903: I have tried probably 10-15 different fixes to get this update to install but it fails each time. I do get the error 0x80070003 but all targeted fixes for this error fail. I am down to the possibility of a PC reset but really don't want to lose all the programs. I can't...
  9. Windows Feature Update 1803 repeatedly fails

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Feature Update 1803 repeatedly fails: For over a year Feature Update 1803 has failed to install. Every few weeks (sometimes more frequently) it tries to install and fails. It tries several times and then stops for awhile before trying again. The initial error says Memory Management. In the update history it says:...
  10. Feature Update v1809 Repeatedly Fails

Feature Update v1809 Repeatedly Fails: I.have two PCs that are almost identical in hardware configuration terms. They are both Dell Precision 490 workstations but one is dual processor, has more memory and more disks but pretty well EXACTLY the same software. Starting with v1803 i started having problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update 1803 fails repeatedly

2. feature update windows 10 1803 fails repeatedly

3. *failed* [8024000c] loadhistoryeventfromregistry completed