Windows 10: Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

Discus and support Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by * in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We all like our stuff organized in some way so we can locate them easily. However, I cannot seems to find a way to organized my Chinese titled file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PleaseSolveWindowIssue, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

We all like our stuff organized in some way so we can locate them easily. However, I cannot seems to find a way to organized my Chinese titled file in any meaningful way.This post is specifically asking if there is a way to edit registry/some program/setting changes/what not to enable sorting Chinese titles item. I imagine other non Latin character based language have the same issue where sort by name just isn't working at all.

Example of what is happening

English sort by Name

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by * 478aa16f-fc74-4683-bf22-5197979f33fd?upload=true.png

Chinese sort by Name

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by * 2409957c-0a06-4e2a-8063-7fdc430566cc?upload=true.png

English Chinese Mix

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by * dbc55030-0894-4d75-a648-27fd763dbdb6?upload=true.png

Behind the Chinese character, I give the pinyin and the "tone" of the character. As you can see, sort by name is pretty much useless. According to trusty internet, they are sorted in Unicode.So, unless Microsoft find a way to implement an Unicode look up table in our brain, a solution please.

Some more information. Computer is intended to used as a US English machine, with occasion but significant importance on locating Chinese file fast. I'm talking about up to several hundred entry of Chinese titled item single "page".

Random system information.

OS - Window 10 Pro

Versioin - 10.0.17763

Region - United State

Regional Format - English (United State)

Time Zone - Eastern Time (US & Canada)

:)

PleaseSolveWindowIssue, Jun 7, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Jun 7, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

File Explorer - Auto Sort

In previous versions of Windows when I renamed a file, File Explorer resorted the file list so that the file you renamed appeared in the proper location based on your sort settings. In my case sorted by name.

This in no longer happening in Windows 10. When you rename the file it just stays in the previous location until you manually tell File Explorer to resort.

Can I get this functionality back?

MichaelMantkowski, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

1. Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by * - Similar Threads - File Explore sort

2. Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect: I don't understand why folder names sort ones before zeroes, example:All else being equal, I expect the sort order to run 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.Files inside folders sort by file name as expected....
  3. Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect: I don't understand why folder names sort ones before zeroes, example:All else being equal, I expect the sort order to run 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.Files inside folders sort by file name as expected....
  4. Slow File Sorting in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow File Sorting in Explorer: I have a folder with about 3200 files, each file is about 60mb. I want it to sort by date/time. It is on an NVME drive, but the sort is taking 5+ minutes.....anything I can do to speed it up?...
  5. File explorer sorting Wrong

File explorer sorting Wrong: I updated to Windows 10, version 21H1My files are sorting wrong. When listed ascending by name, it puts names that are "the same but longer" before the "plain" name. It used to be like this picture below:I need it the old way. When I have a bunch of files of "the same but...
  6. File Explorer Sort Issue

File Explorer Sort Issue: I have lost the option, when sorting items within explorer folders to list in in Ascending or Descending. Only recently -I would say this month. I store many thousands of Images (jpg mostly). Some projects I workflow against date created or name for examples. It was there...
  7. File Explorer Sorting

File Explorer Sorting: I have one folder in File Explorer that sorts by 0 -9, A-H, I-P, Q-Z. All other folders sort by folders are on the top, files on the bottom, sorted by alpha. How do I change so it's sorted by folders, files in alpha? Thanks....
  8. Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *

Win 10 File Explore sort Chinese by Pinyin or Win 10 File Explore sort * by *: We all like our stuff organized in some way so we can locate them easily. However, I cannot seems to find a way to organized my Chinese titled file in any meaningful way.This post is specifically asking if there is a way to edit registry/some program/setting changes/what not...
  9. File Explorer Sorting Issue

File Explorer Sorting Issue: Up until recently, I had a folder which contained Folders and Files (all pictures) that were sorted by "Date-Ascending". Recently, a select number of these folders are reverting back to sorted by "Name", then it appears to do a index/refresh and then it corrects itself to...
  10. Sorting with File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sorting with File Explorer.: Just been doing a job for a client and got frustrated. Been downloading many files and folders and wanted to sort by date order. FE sorts files by date and folders by date but sorts them separately so I had to keep scrolling up and down. I want it like below:- Name Date...