Windows 10: Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

Discus and support Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This evening I attempted to download some @live.com emails to a folder on my pc, while attempting to do this, I looked at my file manager to see what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Brenca, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Brenca Win User

Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

This evening I attempted to download some @live.com emails to a folder on my pc, while attempting to do this, I looked at my file manager to see what was downloaded. I noticed there were no file extensions on any of the documents i.e. .doc, dox. It's gone with v. win 10. I clicked to view details, not there.It would be extremely nice if MSFT stopped "attempting" to re-invent the wheel and just added new features and leave the previous options ALONE.So now my question is, when will MSFT come up with the next win v. so we can hope, pray and cross our legs and fingers that you got it right vs. te

:)

Brenca, Aug 2, 2021

2. extension manager

Hi Tony,

A browser extension is a plug-in that extends the functionality of a web browser. If you are referring to extension manager of Microsoft Edge browser. Follow these steps to add an extension for Microsoft Edge:

Note:If you don't have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update or later, this option will not be available.

• Open the Microsoft Edge and type about:flags into the address bar.
    • Select the Enable extension developer features checkbox and then
      restart your browser.
    • Select More (...) to open the menu.
    • Select Extensions from the menu.
    • Select the Load extension button.
    • Navigate to your extension's folder and select the Select folder button.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 .bak file extensions not showing

Hi Tom,

The .bak file is a file extension of the backup files. To delete the unwanted backup files, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type backup, then select
      Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
    • Under Back up or restore your files, click Manage space.
    • Under Manage Windows Backup disk space, you will see the
      Backup location
    • Under Data file backup, click View backups.
    • Under Select a back period to delete, choose the backups you want to delete.

Note: You have an option to delete the earlier system image to save a disk space. To do so, check the following steps:

• Go back to the Manage Windows Backup disk space window.
    • Under System image, click Change settings.
    • Under Select how Windows retains older system images, choose from the 2 options.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

1. Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions - Similar Threads - File Manager Extensions

2. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  3. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  4. file extensions

file extensions: Hello İ have win 11 installed and first thing I see is i can't open files like .iso .py etc.when I look at these files types it says like Windows.IsoFile for iso files and Python.File on .py files and it's really annoyingcan anyone help me how to fix it i put some examples on...
  5. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns: Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders. System Information Application Error events record as follows: 07/10/2020 15:49 Application Error Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp:...
  6. File extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions: I downloaded some files from the internet and it won't allow me to change their file extensions note: i already tick the unhide file extension under folder options. The files are just greyed out and changing the file extensions just reverts them back to their original file...
  7. File extensions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File extensions.: Can someone please tell me what extension I need to add to a screenshot of an "Administrator: Command Prompt" file in order to get it to upload? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extensions/9f112de0-bf26-4c53-b0c0-7847c4503296"
  8. file extension

file extension: hi, i don't know why but when i'm trying to set .pas extension by PASCAL app it is not sett, i'm trying again and again but nothing is received https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-extension/9a8a6899-ad06-4c39-a55d-06371f2ec60d
  9. Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10: I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager. Is it possible to tweak File Manager such that an Attributes column is always included and appears as the leftmost column within File Manager ? I...
  10. File extension

in Windows 10 Support
    File extension: How can I add a new file extension windows 10 Don Cole 73899