Windows 10: Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

Discus and support Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders. System Information Application Error events record as follows:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tom HamiltonZZ, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

Experiencing shutdowns of File Manager when creating, deleting or renaming folders.

System Information Application Error events record as follows:

07/10/2020 15:49 Application Error Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0xb1a44bf9
Faulting module name: shcore.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x6e0eb713
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000291a7
Faulting process ID: 0xa80
Faulting application start time: 0x01d69cabe5d839b2
Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\shcore.dll
Report ID: 212c500a-3b62-4d93-89c4-93de6aa09af6
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Using Win 10 Pro 64 version10.019041 Build 19041

Request advice on resolution

:)

Tom HamiltonZZ, Oct 8, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can create shortcut for Shutdown, restart and sleep by following the below steps:

• First right-click on the desktop, choose New and then Shortcut.
    • In the shortcut location box, you’ll need to enter the correct command, which I’ve listed for you below.
    • For Shutdown type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

• For Restart type the below command:
    Shutdown.exe -r -t 00

• For Sleep type the below command:
    rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0

After you click Finish, you should now have a new icon that you can double-click to immediately shutdown, restart, or lock your computer.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Oct 8, 2020
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Oct 8, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns

1. Win 10 File Manager Shutdowns - Similar Threads - File Manager Shutdowns

2. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  3. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  4. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  5. Random Win 10 shutdowns

Random Win 10 shutdowns: Can anyone help? Is this a GPU problem, or a driver problem? I am getting random windows shutdowns:Problem details:SourceWindowsSummaryShut down unexpectedlyDate‎10/‎18/‎2022 11:25 AMStatusNot reportedProblem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 144Parameter 1:...
  6. Random Win 10 shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Program Manager Preventing Shutdown and Restarts on Win 10 and Win 11 FIXED and Found the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program Manager Preventing Shutdown and Restarts on Win 10 and Win 11 FIXED and Found the...: Hi there everyone,This has been a most annoying problem for nearly 12 months, and it affected windows 10, and windows 11 after I upgraded.I will explain what was happening, and what program it turned out to be in the end, in my case.PROBLEMWindows on Shutdown displaying a...
  8. Program Manager Preventing Shutdown and Restarts on Win 10 and Win 11 FIXED and Found the...

Program Manager Preventing Shutdown and Restarts on Win 10 and Win 11 FIXED and Found the...: Hi there everyone,This has been a most annoying problem for nearly 12 months, and it affected windows 10, and windows 11 after I upgraded.I will explain what was happening, and what program it turned out to be in the end, in my case.PROBLEMWindows on Shutdown displaying a...
  9. Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 File Manager NO Extensions: This evening I attempted to download some @live.com emails to a folder on my pc, while attempting to do this, I looked at my file manager to see what was downloaded. I noticed there were no file extensions on any of the documents i.e. .doc, dox. It's gone with v. win 10. I...
  10. Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tweaking File Manager Columns in WIN 10: I find myself too often adding an Attributes column and then moving it to the leftmost column location within File Manager. Is it possible to tweak File Manager such that an Attributes column is always included and appears as the leftmost column within File Manager ? I...