Windows 10: Win 10 file sharing issues

Discus and support Win 10 file sharing issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Latest Win 10 file sharing between PCs on same LAN is a dissaster. One has 50% chance after booting PCs that files can be shared. Win 10 file sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArieWessels, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Win 10 file sharing issues

Latest Win 10 file sharing between PCs on same LAN is a dissaster.

One has 50% chance after booting PCs that files can be shared.

Win 10 file sharing diagnostics and error codes are totally meaningless and useless for a non technical user.

The old Group function used to work reliably.

Nowadays one has to work around with a portable drive between PCs and waste a lot of time despite having a high speed LAN between PCs.

Recommend that MS fires current team working on Win 10 file sharing and appoint new team with more active brain cells to improve the file sharing and make the diagnostics more effective & user friendly.

Also make sure error codes are explained to the non technical user and give directions what to do to rectify an issue.

Happy with rest of product

Regards

A Wessels

:)

ArieWessels, Apr 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sharing Issue

Hi Ennycloe,

There are several reasons why does other computers are unable to access your file from Windows 10. To make sure where this issue is coming from, we suggest that you run the built-in HomeGroup troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type troubleshooting on the Windows search box.
    • Click on View all which is located on the left pane.
    • Choose Home group and then Shared Folders.
    • Follow the on screen steps.

Let us know the results from the troubleshooter.

Janeane Cru, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Win 10 Network file sharing

Hi Charles,

We would like to ask for more information about your concern so we could provide a proper resolution. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • When was the last time that your Vista desktop and Windows 10 laptop see or share files to your Windows 10 desktop?
    • Were there any changes made on your devices prior to the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest running the troubleshooter for shared folders. This will automatically find and fix issues with accessing files and folders on other computers.

To run this troubleshooter, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select
    Shared Folders.

We look forward to your response.

Kris Ver, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Win 10 file sharing issues

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Win 10 file sharing issues

1. Win 10 file sharing issues - Similar Threads - file sharing issues

2. Win 11 Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Sharing Issue: I have a Win 11 PC setup with 2 accounts and both accounts have the "documents" folder setup for sharing. The problem is that another PC can only access 1 of the sccounts, the second account does not show up as a possible folder to be seen. The sharing on both accounts is set...
  3. Win 11 Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Sharing Issue: I have a Win 11 PC setup with 2 accounts and both accounts have the "documents" folder setup for sharing. The problem is that another PC can only access 1 of the sccounts, the second account does not show up as a possible folder to be seen. The sharing on both accounts is set...
  4. Prtoblem with File sharing Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prtoblem with File sharing Win 10: I have a laptop and a PC. Both running Win 10 2004 Laptop can see and read PC but whilst the PC can sometimes see the laptop it cannot read the files. Both devices have file sharing enabled and all the set ups the same. They are both running Local Administrator accounts....
  5. File Sharing in Win 10

File Sharing in Win 10: Where is the "HOMEGROUP" in Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-sharing-in-win-10/eb10f3d9-7b04-4f52-b8c3-8d5846c793a4
  6. Win 10 File Sharing

Win 10 File Sharing: Have a new Win 10 desktop that does not accept files on the Network. Cannot Copy a file from a Win 10 laptop to the C:\Users\Public Folder on the new Win 10 desktop. In Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings: Public Folder...
  7. Share files issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Share files issue: I am unable to share files on my PC. The feature used to work but currently something has changed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-files-issue/8a7420bb-633f-478e-b0f6-25e555e87b3f
  8. File sharing with Win 10

File sharing with Win 10: Just installed a new laptop on my network. The computers can't all see each other or share folders/ files/ drives. From Explorer, I have right-clicked on the C: drive, and given access to Everyone with Read/Write permission. What is wrong? There are 3 computers on the...
  9. Sharing issue in Win 10

Sharing issue in Win 10: I am using new system Windows 10 OS. I have shared my computer in the existing network. I can able to access all systems in network but they are unable to access my system...
  10. Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing

Win 10 and Win 7 File Sharing: I have one Windows 7 computer on my network that shares a license to the other windows 10 computers. I have been over everything ensuring that share options on both ends are correct. Most of the time all the computers can connect and use the license after the Win 10 PC gets...