Windows 10: Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?

Discus and support Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wrote program for Socket Sever & Client . It was two IP communicate problem. But I can use command "ping 172.18.78.54" & "ping 172.18.78.60" Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 淑敏吳, May 30, 2019.

1. 淑敏吳 Win User

Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through?

I wrote program for Socket Sever & Client . It was two IP communicate problem.

But I can use command "ping 172.18.78.54" & "ping 172.18.78.60"

Both was fine in ping through.

But the port for each other was not communicate?

I use "netstat -a" and found that no port can use in the TCP IP commnuicate?

I need to make a port that my two computer (172.18.78.54) & (172.18.78.60) can

communicated each other. Please Help!!

:)

淑敏吳, May 30, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to reset dynamic port for TCP/IP to default

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • Is the computer connected to a domain network?

I would suggest you to refer the article on
    The default dynamic port range for TCP/IP
    to know more about default dynamic range.

However, if you have further queries related to this issue, you can post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on dynamic ports.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2019
  3. NM2000 Win User
    Win 10 keeps changing my printer static IP port to WSD, already turned off windows printer management

Have seen this problem on a few machines. WSD takes over as the default port from a port based on a static IP. When someone prints there are no errors except the printer prints nothing. Best advice I have seen for manually added printers is:

Control Panel -> Device and Printers -> Add A Printer -> The Printer I want isn't listed -> Add a printer using a TCP/IP address... -> change "Device Type:" from default "AutoDetect" to "TCP/IP Device".

That key last step may prevent the dreaded WSD port being added as an available port. Enter the IP and continue the installation. I tried adding an existing printer twice, one with AutoDetect and one with TCP/IP Device. The AutoDetect install showed up
    as WDS, and the TCP/IP install showed up with static IP in the port and no available WDS ports listed.

Hopefully that method works for most cases.

NM2000, May 30, 2019
  4. JW0914 Win User

Where are the TCP/IP settings in windows 10

If you're asking how to access network diagnostics (the 2nd & 3rd images)
    • Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\Network and Internet
    If you're asking how to access adapter properties to disable NetBIOS (4th image)
    • Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
      • Highlight IPv4
        • Properties - Advanced - WINS
    What exactly are you having an issue with?

JW0914, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 FireWall set a TCP IP port through? - Similar Threads - FireWall set TCP

2. Detect different clients request port TCP 80 and 443 to strange IP 10.10.10.10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detect different clients request port TCP 80 and 443 to strange IP 10.10.10.10: Dear all,After review log on our firewall, we have detected random clients [Source IP 172.16.x.x/24] were requesting port TCP 80, 443 to destination IP 10.10.10.10. But there is no respond back from IP 10.10.10.10. Please note:- This strange communication happen on random...
  3. TCP/IP interface metric issue

TCP/IP interface metric issue: There is a common issue the company I work at recently has had. The issue begins when we move an associate to work using our new VPN solution and then the interface metric of that VPN's TAP adapter matches the interface metric of their wired ethernet connection.We resolve...
  4. Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Netsh Advanced Firewall command to set ttl for a specific IP, Protocol, Port not global: Does Microsoft advanced firewall support a NETSH command to set ttl/hop count not global ttl but packet header ttl for a packet as it leaves the server? Linux iptables mangle rules can be used to set the following values: ttl, tos, mtu, tcpmss, mark, secmark, connsecmark...
  5. GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties

GPO to Hide only the DNS IP in TCP/IP Properties: Hi, Is there a way to hide or disabled and not giving the user the privileges to change the DNS IP settings in TCP/IP properties. Can GPO be used in this case. Regards, Saras Chander.E...
  6. Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings

Unable to reset TCP port number to default settings: Hi, I have changed default TCP port from 15100 to 15300 using regedit function. However now I want to revert back to default port settings. I deleted the registry entry however still it is using 15300 port. How to solve this. Thanks for your help. Regards...
  7. Block TCP Port 3389

Block TCP Port 3389: How Block Port 3389 ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/block-tcp-port-3389/de6fb848-5a1b-4c07-bc59-28f1ddb2341b
  8. Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Ports access through Windows Firewall.: Hello, I have several ports that need to be open for the uses of software, but the thing is, i dont know how to do through windows firewall and that ports number are TCP OR UDP? Kindly someone can help me with this? Port number is 442 443 48009 48100 48101 48102...
  9. Can't open port 8080 through Windows Firewall

Can't open port 8080 through Windows Firewall: I have some home automation software (HomeSeer) running on a W10 machine on my network that has a web interface running on port 8080. I want to access this from other machines on the network. I couldn't access it by default so I created an inbound rule on Windows Firewall for...
  10. VPN TCP/IP 4 properties

VPN TCP/IP 4 properties: unable to select the TCP/IP 4 properties on the vpn connection. I am able to select the network properties tab, however when I try to select the properties button for the tcp 4 properties nothing happens. I need to be able to change the dns option for my vpn. I have tried it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. firewall setting TCP?IP