Windows 10: Win 10 Fonts Look Bad Even With True Type Selected

Discus and support Win 10 Fonts Look Bad Even With True Type Selected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've just set up Win 10 on a new computer and I'm noticing that the Text looks very bad even with True Type selected. I've gone through the True... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Teksonik, May 2, 2017.

1. Teksonik Win User

Win 10 Fonts Look Bad Even With True Type Selected

Hello, I've just set up Win 10 on a new computer and I'm noticing that the Text looks very bad even with True Type selected. I've gone through the True Type settings a couple of times to select the best looking settings. I have another Win 10 computer connected to this Monitor and it looks much better. This system has "Intel HD Graphics Family Chipset" and the other system has "Intel 4 Series Express Chipset". Any ideas how I can make the Text look better on this system ? Thank you in advance for any help.

:)

Teksonik, May 2, 2017

2. MS Office OUTLOOK and Win 10 OS 1709

Thank you, Anne. That is bad news. The best OS version of Win 10 was 1607 which kept all fonts true and kept Control Panel. 1703 dropped Control Panel and the ability of the user to change font. With 1709 we have CPanel back but lost DISPLAY option
    in it and have to use Winaero, which is not entirely successful.

I will record my protest but what on earth is at the bottom of chucking out useful functions? Is it a dearth of IT talent at MS, is it not understanding fundamentally what is useful?

GrahamJones1, May 2, 2017
  3. petrib Win User
    Does 6681 support true type fonts?

Use your favourite Internet search engine (Google, or whatever) and search for "freetype.dll" and proceed from there.

petrib, May 2, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

Is your display set to the default recommended values?

Win 10 Fonts Look Bad Even With True Type Selected [​IMG]

If your DPI scaling is set to 125%, try changing it to 100% and see what happens.

Yes, the text might be smaller but it should be clear.

5. Teksonik Win User
    Thanks, my scaling was / is set to 100% and the Monitor at the recommended resolution.

Teksonik, May 3, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Hopefully someone else will chime in with additional things for you to try.

good luck,

7. Teksonik Win User
    Thanks, doesn't look like there is a cure. Actually I have noticed that it's more with Windows elements like toolbar text and the settings window you posted above than it is with text on forums. Part of the issue is I've been using Linux Mint 18.1 to surf the net lately and I'm shocked at how much better it looks than Windows 10. After using Mint for awhile and going back to Windows things looks raw and pixelated even on the same computer / monitor setup.

Teksonik, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Win 10 Fonts Look Bad Even With True Type Selected - Similar Threads - Fonts Bad True

2. Font's look pixelated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font's look pixelated: On every program the font looks weird. I have a Nvidia GPU if that has anything to do with it^ thats what it looks likes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fonts-look-pixelated/4c1f3dd4-2fdf-4b31-9b5c-9233a7f2ccf9
  3. Bad font in browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad font in browsers: What's wrong with my fonts?I opened this website and I came across this font, I thought that the website has problem, but when i opened the same page on my phone i understood that the problem is on my side 'cause the page looked good on my phone.But i don't know what's wrong...
  4. Installed true type font not appearing in some user profiles profile on another machine in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed true type font not appearing in some user profiles profile on another machine in...: I volunteer administering a nonprofits computer system. 35 pcs, windows server environment mostly hardwired. We set up pc's to an administrator and user profile for whoever is issued the pc. With a lot of growth homeless day center we have had in the last 18 months...
  5. Bad Quality Font

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Quality Font: Lately I have been having low quality font and I am not sure what is causing this. I have tried playing around with cleartype (which is enabled) but with little effect. I don't really want to format to resolve this issue. [img] 164068
  6. type font

type font: does anyone know how to increase the font size on the Microsoft document app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-font/a2ce21df-e1ed-4332-86f7-046e7cd08c00
  7. Install true type font in windows 10

Install true type font in windows 10: I'm trying to install a true type font but can't find a way to do it. . The file I'm trying to install is ttf. When I right click on it there is no install option. When I navigate to the windows font folder there is no option to install new font that I can see....
  8. How to adjust true type fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust true type fonts: How do I combine two ttf letters of the same font to create an engravable image. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-adjust-true-type-fonts/91fc67db-b26f-48fb-a82e-6a40e8c59c42
  9. @font-face not looking fine IE Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    @font-face not looking fine IE Win 10: Hi All, I am using Win 10. I have generated font face for NOTO SANS. This is working fine for Win7 but when seen in Win 10 IE or Crome font look teared. Below is the font face I am using: @font-face { font-family: 'noto_sansregular'; src:...
  10. Too Good to Be True - Win7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too Good to Be True - Win7 to Win 10: I ran across and article somewhere that led me to believe if i installed Win 10 Build 9879 over Win7, it would bring all the Win 7 apps over to Win 10 and I wouldn't have to reinstall them. Can this possibly be true? 3037