Windows 10: Win 10 for refurbished machines

Discus and support Win 10 for refurbished machines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines. I activated it and it runs well. My questions are as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConfusedaboutWIN10, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Win 10 for refurbished machines

I just purchased a refurbished win 10 machine with an OEM win10 Home for refurbished machines.

I activated it and it runs well.

My questions are as follows.

1. Can I upgrade the old 500GB HD to an SSD?

2. How do I go about installing the SSD and transfering over the OS? (from a 500GB HD to a 500GB SSD ... there has been nothing installed except for drivers for a new video card)

3. The size of the 'old HD" is larger than the "new SSD" (likely due to over provisioning supported in win10)

4. I am leary of using the Samsung migration software since prior migrations were fraught with problems

Thanks in advance

Confused

:)

ConfusedaboutWIN10, Sep 22, 2018

2. Reinstall Win 10 with COA for refurbished computer

My refurbished Win 10 computer's hard drive failed and wouldn't boot. I have another hard drive that is formatted for windows. I have a Win 10 COA for the refurbished computer. Do I have to purchase a new copy of Win 10 or can I use the COA. If so,
    how do I do it?

BryceNorwood, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Win 10 Refurbished activation

I just bought a refurbished Win 10 computer that I am not going to use online. How can I activate the OS offline?

Thank,

Joe

JoeMCummings, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Cheezus99 Win User

Win 10 for refurbished machines

Win 10 upgrade on refurbished ASUS S200E notebook - Activation error code: 0xC004C003 (key blocked)

Basic facts

The upgrade:

• Upgraded a couple of days ago from a properly licensed version of Windows 8.1.
    • Asked during install to input product key; skipped it as didn't have the key to hand.
    • Tried to activate post-upgrade but received error to say key blocked.
    Next steps:

• Contacted ASUS tech support.
    • Told to register laptop online; registered laptop.
    • Then told no service for refurbished laptops so no key.
    Question: on the basis that: (a) MS say that they will upgrade any compatible device running a genuine copy of Win 7 / 8 / 8.1, and (b) my device is compatible, and (c) it was running a genuine copy of Win 8.1,
    then will MS provide me with a key given that ASUS has refused to?

Cheezus99, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 for refurbished machines

1. Win 10 for refurbished machines - Similar Threads - refurbished machines

2. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  3. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...: It loads W/10 Pro, 22h2, which says it is activated, and yet it did not come with the required COA sticker, just recovery partition it seems, and ShowKeyPlus shows the Product I.D. and installed and OEM digital. However, MS says that a refurbished PC needs a COA AND orig....
  4. I bought a Refurbished HP Laptop w/ WIN 10 PRO activated, but it has no COA, only a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Refurbishing old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  6. Refurbishing old laptop

Refurbishing old laptop: I am trying to refurbish my ASUS N56V with a new 1Tb ssd. From factory it had windows 7. Currently I'm running Windows 10 22H2 on my hdd.My main issue is Windows 11 won't boot due to my computer "not matching the requirements". The stats of my computer far exceed, and in most...
  7. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  8. Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.

Refurbished laptop, first time startup can't get passed log in.: Stuck on sign in screen that says Welcome to Retail Services and Systems Inc. Sign in with your Retail Services and Systems Inc email address. Trying to reinstall windows but not having luck....
  9. Setting up Windows 10 on a refurbished machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up Windows 10 on a refurbished machine: Probably a daft thing to ask but I have bought my grandson a refurbished machine and it opens to the Windows screen but I want to set it up so that he has a PIN number to get into the machine and also how to make him the administrator. Are there simple steps that I can make...
  10. Windows 10 Refurbished Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Refurbished Machine: Hi, I'm working with a company that recently purchased Windows 10 refurbished machines. One of the machines has become corrupted during a Windows Update, and any recovery will not work. I'm going to reinstall Windows but none of these machines have license stickers on...