Windows 10: win 10 forgotten password

Discus and support win 10 forgotten password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i have a desktop which has not been used for a few months. at start up it asks for a password which i have forgotten altogether. how do i boot up the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RichardDziuba, May 12, 2020.

1. win 10 forgotten password

i have a desktop which has not been used for a few months. at start up it asks for a password which i have forgotten altogether. how do i boot up the PC. richard.

:)

RichardDziuba, May 12, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, May 12, 2020
  3. Forgotten password

Hi,

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.
    • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.
    • If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, May 12, 2020
  4. win 10 forgotten password

Forgotten admin password

"What to do if you forget your Windows 8/8.1 password"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
    • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the

Reset your password
      webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
    If you've tried these suggestions and still can't sign in:

• If you have Windows 8.1, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

• If you have Windows RT 8.1, you'll need to contact your PC manufacturer.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Microsoft forbids any assistance being given in these Forums to help you bypass or "crack" lost or forgotten Passwords.

Here is the Microsoft Information outlining that Policy:

Keeping Passwords Secure- Microsoft Policy on Getting Around Passwords

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

Technical support policy for lost or forgotten passwords - Microsoft 365 Security

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, May 12, 2020
Thema:

win 10 forgotten password

1. win 10 forgotten password - Similar Threads - forgotten password

2. change forgotten password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    change forgotten password: hi, i have a laptop with windows 10 that i have forgotten the password to. i know the pin and can get into the laptop but i want to be able to change the password. i don't have security questions set up. it is the local account password not the microsoft account password....
  3. Is it possible to reset a forgotten Windows 10 logon password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Is it possible to reset a forgotten Windows 10 logon password?: So my mum never has to sign in on her Win10 PC - when you boot it, it logs her in automatically and just boots to the desktop. One time not long ago, it booted up to her password screen but she has no idea what the password is. We restarted it and then it went straight to...
  4. Forgotten password to open my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgotten password to open my computer: I bought a new computer yesterday. Today, I turned it on and can't for the life of me, remember the password. I have tried every password I would or could have used...nothing. I used an old email address hotmail.comfrom yrs ago for the account, that I rarely, if ever use.....
  5. forgotten password of child's new account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    forgotten password of child's new account: Hi, i got a new lap top today and set up a new family member 6 yr old child. I had to create a microsoft account for her. i typed in a password and it all seemed okay. But I cannnot log her in now because it says the password is incorrect. I must have typed something...
  6. I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have forgotten my login password. What do I do?: I have forgotten my login password. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-forgotten-my-login-password-what-do-i-do/26ac4897-ac0f-41bf-8922-08a6e242664e
  7. forgotten administrator password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgotten administrator password: I have a Microsoft account and can sign into that ok but I have forgotten my computers administrator password and pin. How can I reset these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgotten-administrator-password/dc8148c5-e817-477d-bb01-ebd1ef84f13a
  8. Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help resetting forgotten Windows 10 local account password: Hi! My mother forgot the password to her computer, and I need help resetting (or retrieving it). I'm thinking of using the overwrite sethc.exe with Command Prompt method, but I'm not sure if that'll damage the system. The computer IS running Windows 10 Pro, but it does not...
  9. Aced windows 10 forgotten password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Aced windows 10 forgotten password: i have forfotten log in password please helplllllll https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aced-windows-10-forgotten-password/dac19838-7bd5-43ab-a351-0cdc06681eee
  10. Forgotten password--not the administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password--not the administrator account: I am the administrator. I set up an account for my wife. She forgot her password and can't answer the security questions and does not have a password reset disk. (I am signed in.) Windows Pro 1903 What can I do to get her back on line? 153071