Windows 10: Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific...

Discus and support Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365, nor would I. I am running an older version of office that mostly works. Microsoft claims to provide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cos_, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific...

I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365, nor would I. I am running an older version of office that mostly works.

Microsoft claims to provide 5GB free of one drive with win 10.

I can not get files to synch and most of the time files do not even drag over manually.

When I installed one drive, there were no pop ups or options on syncing selected folders (like instructions claim). I have tried signing in and out, option still not evident. The symbols are somewhat cryptic. Is there a menu where I can choose which folders to sync?

I have already been through the instructions. They are not even close to actual.

I am running the free version that comes with win 10 pro, ver 19.22.5.0

In the instructions, it says to synch go to More/Settings. There is no such option. When I click the … and go to settings, the only option is dark mode.

There has to be more than this, So far it is completely worthless. You have to drag folders manually, and when you do,, for more than half the folders, only the folders copy, the folder contents do not copy, not pdfs, not office docs, not URLs, nothing.

Is there anyone who can figure this out? Please.

Also, why are there two different symbols. One is a blue cloud. One is a folder with a small blue cloud on bottom right. When I click the later, nothing happens, ever. It appears to have no function at all.

Please send a simple step by step instruction. I have reported problem to Microsoft, I do not think they read the stuff.

:)

2. windows calendar is not synching

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Calendar is not synching in Windows. We will help you.

• Is the Calendar not synching in Windows Phone or PC?
    If the Calendar is not synching in PC I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Refer:
    Windows 10 Apps troubleshooter

Step 2: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to
    remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Refer:

Calendar app

Keep us posted if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Need specifics on RAID 10

step 1) purchase a raid card that does raid 10 and has 4x mini sas. you will want at least 1024 ram on that chip.
    step 2) purchase 16 2 TB enterprise class constellation drives
    step 3) purchase another whole rig to do the same thing
    step 4) setup rsync to copy all of the changed data from server 1 to server 2
    step 5) buy 2 800 watt BBU (1 for each)

there.

Easy Rhino, Nov 14, 2019
  4. CMOORE100 Win User

Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific...

How to stop Win 10 with Outlook sending attachments as Winmail.dat

WIN 10 (64 bit) with OUTLOOK 2016 send E-Mails which some recipients are unable to open or read.

The problem most commonly encountered, to judge from many internet pleas for help, is that normal e-mail messages are sent and received satisfactorily but attachments – whatever their file extensions – are sometimes apparently not sent or not openable. There are also reports that some e-mail main texts are apparently not sent or not openable. This note is based specifically on WIN 10(64) plus OUTLOOK 2016, but my extensive reading for a solution has revealed that other WIN / OUTLOOK issue combinations also give rise to the same or similar problem. It may therefore well be possible that the following actions will also be of assistance with these.
    The root problem is that OUTLOOK sometimes encodes messages and/or attachments as WINMAIL.dat files and sends these. Many non-MS mail programs can not recognise and/or open these. WINMAIL.dat is a format used in times past for sending Rich Text Format (RTF) messages. I am uncertain why MS persists with this heritage I have found in limited testing that some ISPs seem to receive OUTLOOK attachments OK (because these are sent as their original files with “normal” extensions) whereas another ISP appears to prompt their conversion to WINMAIL.dat and then can not open them. I have, by the way, eliminated any possibility that the problem stems from my receiving computer. My accounts are of the “web based” type and I can open my E-mail boxes by web access direct to the ISP.
    My testing (not comprehensive) has shown that when OUTLOOK is used to send attachments to a Gmail.com account they are received OK but when the exact same attachments are sent to a BTInternet.com they are received as WINMAIL.dat encoded files. It is thus doubly unsatisfactory in that one can not rely on the receipt of attachments sometimes, but not always.
    Here are the 3 steps I took :- 1.. Modify the registry to inhibit generation of Winmail.dat files. To do this a.. Open program REGEDIT (Windows key plus R) b.. Go to Computer/ HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Office/16.0/Outlook/Preferences c.. Create a new DWORD(32bit) called Disable TNEF
    d.. Enter a value of 1 ie.0x00000001 (1) e.. Exit Regedit 2.. Set up OUTLOOK so as NOT to send messages in RTF format. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens.
    c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES f.. Find CHANGE EDITING SETTINGS g.. Select PLAIN TEXT format option in box. (HTML option may also be OK but RICH TEXT FORMAT – RTF – must NOT be selected). h.. Close the MAIL options page(s).
    3.. Set up OUTLOOK not to auto-complete addressees and empty the auto complete cache. a.. Open OUTLOOK b.. At top left SLCk the blue FILE tab. File page opens. c.. In list at LHS SLCk OPTIONS. d.. From OPTIONS find and SLCk MAIL. e.. In MAIL option scroll down to COMPOSE MESSAGES
    f.. Select SEND MESSAGES section. g. UNCHECK box labelled “Use auto complete list to suggest names when typing To/cc/bcc lines”. h.. Find and SLCk the “Empty auto complete list” i.. SLCk YES in response to “ARE YOU SURE” pop-up box j.. There is no apparent response to step i. k.. Close OUTLOOK mail option page(s). l.. For good measure re-start the PC.

Notes : i.. At step 3e with OUTLOOK 2013 scroll to SENDING MESSAGES section. ii.. In OUTLOOK 2003 and 2007 for procedure section 2 : iia.. Access OPTIONS from the tools menu iib.. Click MAIL FORMAT tab iic.. Click INTERNET FORMAT iid. Under Outlook Rich Text Options click either Convert to HTML format or Convert to Plain Text format. Get rid of any reference to RTF.
    iii. This note is written based on Win 10(64bit) plus Outlook 2016. Other OS/Outlook versions may vary in function and detail.
    iv.. Some versions of OUTLOOK provide for the message sending format to be varied between addressees in the address book. To check for this each address book entry needs to be examined from its PROPERTIES values. These should be opened and set to HTML or PLAIN TEXT and never RTF (or TNEF). v.. With my problem the solution was achieved after step 3. It appears that the auto-complete cache “remembers” previous settings and hence it needs to be deleted.
    vi.. Step 3 was the vital action and was kindly contributed by Caledon Ken at TEN FORUMS I will mark the thread as resolved after further evaluation, but am highly optimistic. .

CMOORE100, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Win 10 free One Drive will not synch and has many glitches, can anyone send specific... - Similar Threads - free Drive synch

2. How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?: It's as the title says. I have a bunch of folders on my desktop, and I don't want some of them to sync across all my devices. Which is I don't want to upload specific folders to the cloud, I just want to leave these folders on that specific device.How would I achieve that?I...
  3. How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop One Drive from synching specific folder on my desktop?: It's as the title says. I have a bunch of folders on my desktop, and I don't want some of them to sync across all my devices. Which is I don't want to upload specific folders to the cloud, I just want to leave these folders on that specific device.How would I achieve that?I...
  4. One drive isn't synching

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  5. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive isn't synching: My one drive is not syncing, it says something like Microsoft account requires JavaScript to sign in or JavaScript is blocked, what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-isnt-synching/7166be1e-b9c3-40d6-a8fc-30fd57f3d021
  6. One drive isn't synching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How many GB can I use in one drive for free?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How many GB can I use in one drive for free?: How many GB can I use in one drive for free? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-gb-can-i-use-in-one-drive-for-free/c6026ad4-51a7-483d-9f33-068d9ca65f71
  8. Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10, One Drive will not synch and has many glitches appears different from tutiorials: I have win 10 Pro. I do not have Office 365. Microsoft claims to provide 5GB free of one drive with win 10. OneDrive did not work (it just flashed and did nothing), so I un-installed and downloaded from a link at this site (which appeared to be MS store). I am...
  9. Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Pro, One Drive no option to synch: When I installed one drive, there were no pop ups or options on syncing selected folders (like instructions claim). I have tried signing in and out, option still not evident. The symbols are somewhat cryptic. Is there a menu where I can choose which folders to sync?...
  10. One Drive & Folder synching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive & Folder synching: How do I unsync a folder on my desk top from automatically uploading to One Drive? I right click and see commands like "free up space" . Is this how to stop syncing to One Drive?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. btinternet will not synch with outlook mail app