Windows 10: win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?

Discus and support win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Old Acer Vista PC. Upgraded with OEM Win 7 Pro, then with free Win 10 Pro. Hard drive errors. Had to clean re-install. It automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cos_, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Cos_ Win User

win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?

Old Acer Vista PC. Upgraded with OEM Win 7 Pro, then with free Win 10 Pro. Hard drive errors. Had to clean re-install. It automatically re-activated. Still get hard drive warnings like it will crash any moment.

1. If I change hard drive, will it still automatically re-activate?

2. Is it worth cost to pay someone to put a new hard drive in?

3. It tricked me into signing in with Microsoft account. Is there a way to sign in with a user name and no password, like it use to be.

4. Since re-install, I can no longer access server. Server is win 10 with that forced update that removed home group from network menus and service menus. Server still offers to share with home group when you right click a folder (docs, music, et) and select share with, server still offers homegroup read and write, even though home group deleted from other menus. Any way to fix that mess?

:)

Cos_, Nov 8, 2019
  2. LarrieM Win User

Reinstalling Win 10 to a replacement hard drive

I have an HP Pavilon desktop which I upgraded to WIN 10 from WIN 7. The hard drive is starting to fail with a BIOHD-8 error.Before the drive fails I would like to create a set of restore or recovery disks so I can buy a new one terabyte drive to replace
    the current 750 gig drive and reinstall the current version of Win 10. Will creating an ISO disk image work if I used a one terabyte external USB to create the image and then replaced the drive and copied the image back? I'd like to use a set of DVD to create
    an image or recovery drive so I wouldn't have to "waste" the external Hard drive. The steps in Control panel create a Windows System Repair Disk and a System Image but it says its for WIN 7. What am I missing? Seems that the system image created for DVDs (64
    bit) would occupy 14.37 gig or four DVDs.

Help

LarrieM, Nov 8, 2019
  3. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it.

KennethPatrick1, Nov 8, 2019
  4. win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?

Windows 10, Occasional Error, No Hard Drive, after Hard Drive Replacement

Hi,

System corruption can cause issues detecting your computer's hard drive. For us to properly investigate on your concern, we'd like to confirm the following information:

• On which cases do you receive the startup error?
    • Aside from replacing the hard drive, have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Have you tried plugging in the replaced hard drive to another computer to check if the same thing occurs?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement?

1. win 10 free re-activation after hard drive replacement? - Similar Threads - free activation hard

2. Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...: I've reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC after replacing a failed HDD and now I can't activate Windows. I skipped adding a product key during installation as instructed on the MS website due to having a digital licence and once I was able to boot into Windows it wouldn't let me...
  3. Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows after replacing a hard drive and re-installing - Never hear back...: I've reinstalled Windows 11 on my PC after replacing a failed HDD and now I can't activate Windows. I skipped adding a product key during installation as instructed on the MS website due to having a digital licence and once I was able to boot into Windows it wouldn't let me...
  4. Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Activation after HDD replacement.: I recently replaced a failed HDD and bad ram in a refurbished laptop.After re-installing windows it refused to activate.It is a multi-user machine that was never, to my knowledge, registered to a Microsoft Account.I do not have a copy of the windows key.I DO have the CoA...
  5. How to activate win 10 following hard disk drive replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate win 10 following hard disk drive replacement: hi, my hard disk drive failed on a win7 laptop. the hdd was replaced but i installed win10 during laptop startup from usb Creation Tool. so, is it possible to activate win 10 considering that i only have my original win 7 product key? i tried to activate it post the...
  6. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  7. Activation after replacing hard drive

Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  8. Windows activation after hard drive replacement

Windows activation after hard drive replacement: Hello, I had to replace a faulty hard drive on my HP laptop that was shipped with OEM windows 8 home version which was later upgraded to windows 10. After reinstalling the windows home, it is now asking to activate windows fails to get activated automatically. I am able to...
  9. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  10. Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-activation after motherboard change on a Win 10 with the free upgrade from win 7: I have recently upgraded my motherboard on a system which had genuine win 7 that got the free upgrade to win 10. Now it asks for activation but I don't have a valid win 10 key and on the troubleshooting page it says the ones that upgraded from Win 7 got the "digital license",...