Windows 10: Win 10 Freezes

Discus and support Win 10 Freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC is running Win 10 Pro, installed are O365 Office, Visio, Project, InfoPath, SP Designer. The PC is a Dell and Dell support was unable to resolve... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RM of TN, Oct 4, 2018.

1. RM of TN Win User

Win 10 Freezes

My PC is running Win 10 Pro, installed are O365 Office, Visio, Project, InfoPath, SP Designer. The PC is a Dell and Dell support was unable to resolve the following

Periodically my mouse will not respond, I can move the cursor but can't click on anything. If I do a Crtl-Alt-Del and pick Task Manager, when the Task Manager launches mouse functions and I can proceed with using the PC.

Do I have to perform a clean install of the OS (as suggested by Dell) or can someone help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

:)

RM of TN, Oct 4, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

x509, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2018
  4. HopefulB2 Win User

Win 10 Freezes

Freezes Win 10

I bought a Win 10 Home in Dec 2016. Had a bit of trouble replacing my XP version. Got help from Microsoft. Win 10 now on PC but every now and again just freezes. Have to reboot. Annoying! Have tried a number of the suggestions but nothing seems to work.
    What now.

HopefulB2, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Win 10 Freezes

1. Win 10 Freezes - Similar Threads - Freezes

2. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  3. My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell laptop intermittently freezes up and crashes - BSOD: Below is what I get from the WhoCrashed app and the system info. I have made sure all the drivers are updated but that didn't help. Any help would be most appreciated.Crash dump file:C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\041924-7984-01.dmp MinidumpBugcheck code:0x9F0x3, 0xFFFF8E0225F2FD50,...
  4. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  5. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag: First, my specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz Installed RAM: 16.0 GB System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 22H2 OS build: 19045.4291 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19056.1000.0...
  6. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 stuttering/glitching/buzzing causing screen to also freeze/lag

8. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  9. My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...

My personal book editor put a "freeze" on my manuscript before sending to a publisher. The...: I'm a free-lance writer and have finished my first book and hired a semi-retired editor to "do her thing". It was a very professional outcome, and then the editor put a "freeze" on the Word doc. to avoid traditional publishers from editing anything in the manuscript. Well,...
  10. Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11

Apps keep freezing because I disabled some services in windows 11: I disabled some services in the services app on windows 11, and now certain apps will freeze and crash when I try to perform certain tasks. Settings will freeze and then crash when I try to uninstall an app, explorer will freeze and then restart when I try to access certain...