Windows 10: Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change

Discus and support Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop which has preinstalled win 7 on it. I upgraded to win 10 via free upgrade program and now want to change my hard drive. Question is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakubWdowik, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change

I have a laptop which has preinstalled win 7 on it. I upgraded to win 10 via free upgrade program and now want to change my hard drive. Question is will i be able to go back to win 10? and other one is howa can I create bootable usb flash disk if I can't download win7 iso copy from windows site since when i enter product key it's saying that i have preinstalled copy and i can't download one from site.

:)

JakubWdowik, Sep 4, 2020
  2. crownele Win User

Hard drives listed as SSD drives

Upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 7 Pro.

Have 2 Hard drives in Raid 1 set up.

Win 10 lists these drives as SSD drives in System Properties.

How do I change the listing of these drives to HD so I can optimize them?

crownele, Sep 4, 2020
  3. legoman1 Win User
    Hard Drive Fail after Win 10 upgrade

After upgrading to Win 10 through the free option, my hard drive failed. From what I read on this forum, I can obtain a new ISO copy to re-install on my new HD. The problem though is that my backup is on a Seagate Free Agent Drive that is not compatible
    with Win 10. My problem is how do I recover my data on the Free Agent. Seagate does not have a driver or updated software to work with Win 10. My computer had Vista on it which was upgrade to Win 7 Home via a purchased copy of an upgrade, From there I upgraded
    to Win 10 via the free download. How should I proceed: re-install Win 10 and go from there or reinstall Vista then upgrade it to Win 7 and then recover data from Free Agent and then upgrade to Win 10? A dilemma for sure?? Any suggestions would be GREATLY
    appreciated!

Thanks,

legoman1, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change

hard drive change

im about to upgrade my hard drive in win 10 to a larger one what do i need to do if the change knocks my product key out assuming a hard drive is a major change like a motherboard

terrancehadley, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change

1. Win 10 from upgrade and hard drive change - Similar Threads - upgrade hard drive

2. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  3. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  4. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Effing Win 10 "upgrade" from Win 7 does not recognize an internal hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Effing Win 10 "upgrade" from Win 7 does not recognize an internal hard drive: Just "upgraded" and that term hardly fits to Win 10 from 7, and now my computer does not recognize an 8TB internally mounted hard drive. What's the fix? Tried MiniTool partition wizard free version, and it can't even find the drive. Thanks again for all you do to make life...
  6. Pull hard drive from dell and put in acer, both win 10 pro upgrade from win 7 upgraded from

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pull hard drive from dell and put in acer, both win 10 pro upgrade from win 7 upgraded from: Hi Two desk tops both win 10 pro, both upgraded from OEM Win 7 pro. I have an old Acer (Aspire M5100) (hard drive repeated failures already tried clean re-install. I have an old Dell (E521) (originally XP), hard drive seems to be fine, perhaps slow. Dell PC is...
  7. Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Win 10 (free upgrade from win 8) to a new hard drive: I'm upgrading my brothers PC from a decently bad OEM computer, but as recompense, I'm taking his 1 tb drive, and I want to transfer everything to a 320gb drive. However, the windows 10 on his computer is from the free upgrade promotion a while back, the computer originally...
  8. Is changing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 possible?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is changing hard drive on Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7 possible?: My desktop is slow, and I want to change out the system drive to SSD. Is this possible? I do not have a Windows key as it was merely a free upgrade. Can I just clone the existing drive onto an SSD and swap? Or will windows deny me this upgrade? 106486
  9. Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from Win 10 from hard drive: I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having problems with Edge so I decided to do a complete restore from the settings which it didn't complete and said there was a...
  10. Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7: I installed Windows 10 on a separate hard drive in my computer to keep from messing up my Windows 7 installation. It appears windows 10 still makes changes to windows 7 even on a separate hard drive. See attached picture. I can not correct this using the system repair disk or...