Windows 10: Win 10 frozen on resart

Discus and support Win 10 frozen on resart in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It recognized my face then displayed "welcome back, Larry" on a blue screen then froze. Mouse works but not the keyboard. All I can do is wait for the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lpress, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Lpress Win User

Win 10 frozen on resart

It recognized my face then displayed "welcome back, Larry" on a blue screen then froze. Mouse works but not the keyboard. All I can do is wait for the battery to die.

:)

Lpress, Jun 9, 2021

2. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 9, 2021
  3. PC issues, Reinstalling Win 7, then upgrading to Win 10 - is it possib

I just saw this laptop freeze this evening. It happened while my son was in Gmail and the laptop froze while he was typing. We left it frozen for quite a while but it didn't recover.

We did try the steps suggested on the below URL to regain control, but we ended up having to do a hard boot

How to Unfreeze a Frozen Computer in Windows 10 - dummies

I'm just wondering, since there was a recent freeze, are there any logs that we can refer to now that might suggest what caused it to lock up. If it is something as simple as a driver needed, that would might be easier to install than reimaging as Windows 7 and then upgrading to Windows 10.

Thank you

ChristmasPi, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Win 10 frozen on resart

Frozen Computer

Hi Cindy,

In order for us to help you with your frozen computer, kindly answer the following questions:

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post and we appreciate your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Win 10 frozen on resart

1. Win 10 frozen on resart - Similar Threads - frozen resart

2. Touchpad Cursor Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touchpad Cursor Frozen: I Recently Updated Windows from Microsoft's media tool to try and fix a cursor problem that made it go crazy and move/click everywhere in my screen. I did more research and had fixed the problem by a simple "sfc /scannow" from cmd. After a few days everything was normal and...
  3. Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, taskbar frozen, icons on desktop still working: I think this problem occurred after updating Windows to Ver. 20H2 and adding weather forecast icon to the taskbar, for more Information, I have using Dual Monitor....
  4. Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen

Strange Crashing on my PC - not BSOD , just a frozen black screen: As title says, my PC has a crash that doesn't come with BSOD or anything like that, just a frozen black screen. It's happened more frequently before with bad RAM, but I replaced the RAM and it ran well for 4+ weeks. But strangely it happened once more last night. Here are the...
  5. quick scan frozen in windows s mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    quick scan frozen in windows s mode: In windows s mode virus and threat protection says quick scan due but it never completes the scan. How do I stop this notification in the task bar. Thank you...
  6. Frozen task bar on start up

Frozen task bar on start up: Video of the situation, so i turn my comp on then once i log in it goes slow then i have to click the task bar as you can see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av1f_pvaUGM...
  7. Update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 frozen at 30%.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update from Windows 7 to Windows 10 frozen at 30%.: I have already read the thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/the-windows-10-upgrade-appears-to-hang/a3359013-80a7-4a25-a75d-1c828e576c40?tm=1438143969182 and as it has been 24 hours since my computer first entered the 30%...
  8. Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 installing frozen at 61%

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 installing frozen at 61%: The Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 installing is freezing at 61%. I have tried restarting several time but it won't budge. How to get this thing installed....
  9. Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset

Laptop frozen on 65% factory reset: Hi there, i been waiting for my laptop to factory reset for about 6 hours but its been frozen on 65% and the dots that are supposed to rotate in a circle have been frozen for about 4 hours now and it won't budge. I'm not sure what I should do I unplugged the charger but I...
  10. Windows 10 20H2 Update Frozen at 48%

Windows 10 20H2 Update Frozen at 48%: I keep getting notice from Microsoft that "my version of Windows" support will end very soon and I need to update to 20H2 to continue regular updates kind of weird this is coming on all of a sudden as I don't put off updates ever yet this update message is talking to me as if...