Windows 10: Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

Discus and support Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyCarr3, Feb 24, 2022.

1. AndyCarr3 Win User

Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots froze and hasn’t worked properly since.I have reset win 10 multiple times since and problem still occurs.I have tried all options in the automatic repair screen but reset is only option that gets passed the frozen dots. Unable to boot into any safe mode.Tried bootrec /fix mbr. Bootrec /rebuildbcd in CMD but still froze on star

:)

AndyCarr3, Feb 24, 2022
  2. ReidHarry Win User

Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the process freezes up on the first screen into the installation. There is a black screen with my motherboard's
    brand logo and the frozen spinning dots. Please help. I've tried replacing the RAM, creating new boot drives with different windows ISO's, and messed with some boot settings in the BIOS. I'm at a loss.

ReidHarry, Feb 24, 2022
  3. Windows 10 clean install to new HDD

I have installed WIN 10 with original win 7 in windows.old on C drive.

I now want to clean install Windows 10 to a new hdd to replace C drive. I have the downloaded win disk.

Will the win 10 install disk install to the new clean disk and how is it activated if installed.

All other hardware remains unchanged.

CharlesMulholland, Feb 24, 2022
  4. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

After installing win 10 pc will start with the win 10 window and the spinning dots and then goes to a blank screen

After installing win 10 pc will start with the win 10 window and the spinning dots and then goes to a blank screen

JamesMcNeely, Feb 24, 2022
Thema:

Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

1. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD - Similar Threads - frozen spinning dots

2. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  3. Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 frozen spinning dots - even after clean install on new HDD: HiI have a problem with win 10 repeatedly freezing on the spinning dots during shut down and then on start up, with the only working option being a fresh reset.Problem 1st occurred after a clean boot to troubleshoot an app. When returning to normal boot the spinning dots...
  4. Fresh install of Windows 10 leads to frozen spinning dots after final reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of Windows 10 leads to frozen spinning dots after final reboot: I just assembled a brand new PC, and I'm trying to install Windows 10 on it.Install method: USB stick created using the Microsoft Create Windows Installation Media tool on a different Windows machine.CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core ProcessorMotherboard: MSI B460M...
  5. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  6. Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen

Windows 10 Install Spinning Dots Frozen: Just built a brand new PC for a friend and it boots into the bios in working order. When I went to install a fresh copy of Windows via USB Drive, the process freezes up on the first screen into the installation. There is a black screen with my motherboard's brand logo and the...
  7. Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reformat HDD and clean install Win 10: I'd like to do a clean install of Windows 10. My laptop came with Win 7 and I did the upgrade to Win 10 some time ago but I do not have a product key or an installation disk. As I'm purchasing a new laptop I want to pass my old machine on but want to clean it up before I...
  8. PC frozen at startup (spinning dots)

in Windows 10 Support
    PC frozen at startup (spinning dots): Heya guys, decided to come to ask for help because I can't seem to find a way to fix this issue. Last night my computer was running just fine. Today I boot it up and it gets frozen at the startup, so I restart it and it does the same. Eventually it boots into recovery...
  9. Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots

Win 10 load new machine after 1st login stalls at Win logo spin dots: Having exhausted all answers in Google search, please can someone help. 2 weeks ago rebuilt my main machine with 4 new SATA drives (Barracuda 1 Tb), mobo (Gigabyte GA AB350), Crucial DDR4 Dimms as 2 x 8gb, and Ryzen 5 1600 CPU and Asus Vid card (GTX 1050 T1 Phoenix)....
  10. Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Frozen at spinning dots and windows icon - USB and HDD: Hi All, First time here but I have been unable to solve this issue today and I can not find any info on google. MY sister was unable to boot her laptop (Dell P55F) today. The bot process gets to the large blue windows 10 icon and there are usually spinning dots below...